Can points be unwelded ?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Animator101

Can points be unwelded ?

Post by Animator101 »

Is there a tool that can detach the points once they have been welded together? In more complex shapes when I wanna delete points that are touching rim of the shape I delete the whole shape so I was wondering can points be unwelded ? Thank you
Greenlaw

Re: Can points be unwelded ?

Post by Greenlaw »

Unfortunately, not directly...but it can sort of be done.

Add a point near the welded point near the point. Do this for each path (or what will become two separate paths.) Now use the Delete Edge tool in Point mode (Ctrl held down) to erase the welded point. The nearby points you added will help hold the shape of each path after the shared point has been removed. If you're lucky, it might just be a matter of applying Smooth.

It's not a perfect method because you may need to tweak the new points a little to get exactly back to the original shapes, but it's probably a lot easier the re-drawing everything. If it helps, make a copy of the original unseparated paths before you 'unweld' them so you have a visual reference when adjusting the new points.
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

Thank you Greenlaw !
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

I put this together because I needed it too...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sdb1uaka ... Unweld.zip

installation is as you'd expect (grab the folder from the .zip and use the Moho 12 "install script" facility).

Please read the "readme" ...

the new point is cloned (animation, attributes and all) at exactly the same position as the original - but I move it away so it's easy to grab and manipulate -- but do I move it too far?

I'd welcome views on this and other usability / functional questions