Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dueyftw

Re: Moho and Smart bone in TV Production

Post by dueyftw »

Jx wrote:Thanks again Slowtiger

Greenlaw where can i find the Play Every Frame option in Moho 12.2
Top bar 'Animation'

First setting 'Allow Frame Skipping'

This will toggle play every frame or skip frames to see the almost correct speed of the animation.

The best way to check animation speed is though the preview render.

I did a video on animation timing:

Alt is your best friend to change the speed of the play back.

Dale
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sorry, I was typing from memory. It's actually called Allow Fame Skipping.

This feature mainly useful if you find the audio track playing too slowly when you click Play because Moho is displaying every frame at the expense of performance (speed.) When you disable it, Moho will always try to perform at realtime but it will drop frames as necessary to achieve this. When you have it disabled, you can still use Preview Animation to review the footage with proper audio sync. (Which is normally the way you should preview the animation anyway.)

Edit: Whoops. I just saw dueyftw beat me to it. :)
Jx

Post by Jx »

Thanks Greenlaw, I scanned the entire up just blindly looking for "play every frame" cause i do remember seeing it too. I tested the animation
with and without the Allow frame skipping and I think there is some improvement. Its now getting hard to tell seeing my rig has already gained to fluid control.

@ Dueyftw
Thanks for that quick and useful tutorial. I have seen a lot of cool feature and how to videos but I think we also need more of such videos too.

I think it may be a mistake to take it that every one knows of the down side of some features (Auto Save, User Interface GPU Acceleration, Antialiasing).
May be Moho should add some quick time on an option when the mouse cursor is over it, just saying. I have wetnessed a software being discredited from a production pipeline over a software issue which could be fixed by correct software production practices or a work around.
its hard but not imposible keep trying and never give up.