Masking (a wailing and gnashing of teeth)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

Masking (a wailing and gnashing of teeth)

Post by zoesan »

I've been following ShoNuff93 YouTube video, with tasks such as Masking, rotating, but have not managed to achieve: the transparency 50% for layer one in jpeg, its 50% transparent in render, but not on screen for tracing: also according to video, when shape tool is used to reveal in folder after setting masking to hide, and the layer is selected beneath, it does reveal in video, but can't get it work to date. I know this is basic, and I empathise with anyone viewing who might be moaning and wailing, gnashing there teeth at yet another basic posting.
zoesan

Re: Masking (a wailing and gnashing of teeth)

Post by zoesan »

on a lighter note the guy is drinking Elephant Dung Beer.
chucky

Post by chucky »

If you just want to trace over it, try a workaround. Always look for other ways of doing stuff in Moho, you might just come up with some new magical way of doing things.
If I understand correctly and you DO just want to to trace, just back of the layer with a vector layer with a semi transparent with square over it.
When it comes to image layers, transparency shows in the display when the display settings ( in the bottom right hand corner of the workspace) have smooth images turned on.
chucky

Post by chucky »

zoesan wrote:on a lighter note the guy is drinking Elephant Dung Beer.
Woah, that would explain all the froth. :mrgreen:
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

you mean give enough monkeys a typewriter and one of them is going to type I'm all for breaking the rules, but can't even get the basic rules to break. I think you were right in essence about latest software, but for now that's not on, this is a great software even at the level of 8/9. The transparency though is beginning to bug me (I hear a groan), just can't get it be 50% ready for tracing over, for the masking I'll just have to put on the the monkey hat, got it to work before now.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

Will have to go this way for now: Render layer at 50% opacity, and use as tracing layer: thanks all the same Chucky
chucky

Post by chucky »

:roll: