How to cut insides of the pic ?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Animator101

How to cut insides of the pic ?

Post by Animator101 »

Image Does anyone knows how to cut out insides of the pic in Moho?
I used masking to cut this gun out of the pic but I want to cut inside where the finer goes and I don't know how. Please help.
Thank you
jezjones29

Re: How to cut insides of the pic ?

Post by jezjones29 »

I can't see the image. It says it's been deleted.
I tend to use PNG images with transparent backgrounds which avoids masking in Moho.
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

See how inside of the finger trigger whole is still white. Because there is still original background of the pic in it and I am trying to cut it out like the rest of it (area around the edges of a gun).
Last edited by Animator101 on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

You should open that image in an imaging program. You'll probably find that the trigger area needs to be removed. It looks like it's been kept due to the shadow. It may be handy to cut out the trigger and save for a separate layer in Moho.
You could do it with masks in Moho, but it seems like the wrong thing to do here.
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

jezjones29 wrote:You should open that image in an imaging program. You'll probably find that the trigger area needs to be removed. It looks like it's been kept due to the shadow. It may be handy to cut out the trigger and save for a separate layer in Moho.
You could do it with masks in Moho, but it seems like the wrong thing to do here.
No trigger area has been kept cuz it's INSIDE the picture. Moho 12 can ONLY cut on the outside.
Its really annoying cuz this guy did it like million years ago in the super old version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFlydLvgyfE

But apparently new versions are limited and don't have that feature. So stupid, why would newer version lose a feature instead of get a new one.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Bitmaps are best cut out in a bitmap program and saved with an alpha channel (for the transparent parts). If you can't do that, using a mask in Moho is the next best thing.

Select freehand tool. Make sure to de-select "create auto-shape" and "create outline". Draw a rough pistol shape, you can refine later. DRaw another shape where you want the hole to be. Select both lines, select "create shape" tool. Bow you have a shape with a hole.

Put this vector layer and the image layer into the same group or bone layer. Set that one to masking. (Read up about masking in manual.) Now adjust the points in the mask layer to fit the image.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

Here is the gun edited:
https://www.animestudiotutor.com/images/gun.png

You could still mask in Moho. I've made a start here for you:
https://www.animestudiotutor.com/images/gun.zip
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

I know how to do it in another program I just don't know if it can be done in Moho and if so how.
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

slowtiger wrote:Bitmaps are best cut out in a bitmap program and saved with an alpha channel (for the transparent parts). If you can't do that, using a mask in Moho is the next best thing.

Select freehand tool. Make sure to de-select "create auto-shape" and "create outline". Draw a rough pistol shape, you can refine later. DRaw another shape where you want the hole to be. Select both lines, select "create shape" tool. Bow you have a shape with a hole.

Put this vector layer and the image layer into the same group or bone layer. Set that one to masking. (Read up about masking in manual.) Now adjust the points in the mask layer to fit the image.

At this point I am sure my program is malfunctioning. I can create shape but no way it can be shape inside a shape and than use that as a hole for the finger. Like I tried everything, my copy of the program...something is wrong with it. It just won't do certan things. There is a whole list of things my program wouldnt do and other people can. This is just one of them.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

As described by Slow Tiger, yes, you can do this in Moho: Drop the gun in a group, draw a 'trigger hole' mask in a vector layer beneath the gun layer, set the group's Mask setting to Reveal All, and then set the 'trigger hole' mask's setting to Subtract. That will cut the hole you want.

But, IMO, you're better off just erasing the solid area and saving a new PNG. This method is simpler and the result will be cleaner. A Moho scene can get very complex and CPU intensive, so you really should avoid making setups unnecessarily complicated. In other words, just because this can be done in Moho doesn't mean it should be done in Moho.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Animator101 wrote:At this point I am sure my program is malfunctioning. I can create shape but no way it can be shape inside a shape and than use that as a hole for the finger. Like I tried everything, my copy of the program...something is wrong with it. It just won't do certan things. There is a whole list of things my program wouldnt do and other people can. This is just one of them.
Sounds like run of the mill user error to me. If no one else has the problems...the problem may be between keyboard and chair.
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

synthsin75 wrote:
Animator101 wrote:At this point I am sure my program is malfunctioning. I can create shape but no way it can be shape inside a shape and than use that as a hole for the finger. Like I tried everything, my copy of the program...something is wrong with it. It just won't do certan things. There is a whole list of things my program wouldnt do and other people can. This is just one of them.
Sounds like run of the mill user error to me. If no one else has the problems...the problem may be between keyboard and chair.
Sounds to me like you have nothing smart to say. Than why say anything at all.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Get gimp

Dale
chucky

Post by chucky »

Yup, the flaw is in the image you are using.
Moho is not a bitmap editing program animator101, you need to erase the alpha in the png, this is not Moho's problem.

You could use a mask instead ,or wrap the texture to a shape with a hole in it but that requires some homework.

Oh look, Dale did it for you!
Be nice Eh?
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

dueyftw wrote:Get gimp

Dale

I already did I just wanted to make sure I can do it in MOHO :)Thanks man