How to cut insides of the pic ?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Animator101

Re: How to cut insides of the pic ?

Post by Animator101 »

chucky wrote:Yup, the flaw is in the image you are using.
Moho is not a bitmap editing program animator101, you need to erase the alpha in the png, this is not Moho's problem.

You could use a mask instead ,or wrap the texture to a shape with a hole in it but that requires some homework.

Oh look, Dale did it for you!
Be nice Eh?

I know, sorry, I need to learn all of that. It's still doable but it might be better using Photoshop or Gimp.
Also I am here to learn and so far very grateful for the software and people on the forum so I AM nice :)
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

If you look at my post again, you'll see I've shown you how to do it in Moho.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Animator101 wrote:
dueyftw wrote:Get gimp

Dale

I already did I just wanted to make sure I can do it in MOHO :)Thanks man
It's not done in Moho!
We all know your a newbie to animation. Moho is an animation program. It's not a picture editing program, a sound editing program, video editing program or a compositor.

If your going to use raster pictures you need at least Gimp. That's the program I used.
Often I have a sequence of images then I use the Roto tool in AfterEffects.

Any of the users who responded to you in this thread knows more than just how to animate in Moho. Each of us have work in other animation programs and don't rely on Moho to raster picture, sound or video editing. It just happens that Moho is the best animation program for what it does. If your project is vector rigd animation that is so far a head of any other program than Moho is the best. If you going to do frame by frame animation then you should be using TV paint or OpenToonz.

Last thing; We are all adults here. Only if you say you a kid that everyone will treat you so. I have teased people on this forum and have been teased for stupid thing I have wrote or done. Learn to let it go.

Dale
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

dueyftw....I was talking to user "synthsin75" when I told him off. Not to you. Because he came to the forum where people are SUPPOSE to ask questions and start being a smartass about it. Keyboard warrior you know. I love to call out those. You all other guys chimed in with your advices and I couldn't be happier with everybody in the forum that's why users like that guy shouldn't even be even reading it. So I don't have anything to let go I am pretty much over it. I am a graduated actor plus sound engineer. I play 3 instruments and I worked in numerous video editing, picture editing and 3d and 2d programs. So yes you are right, I am a newbie to MOHO and that's why I am here in this forum. I was just wondering what can be done in it (Moho), including pic cutouts. Of course I use GIMP for that all the time I just wanted to see if I can do it in MOHO as it seemed to me that allows for a lot of precision by using drawing tools to go around the edges.

After all just wanna say thank you all and consider this topic closed. Thank you for helping me learn more about animation.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Then stop acting like your fourteen.

Stop asking really dumb questions.

and dude I have been here a long time and never block anyone. Congratulations your the first.

Bye.

Dale
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Animator101 wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:
Animator101 wrote:At this point I am sure my program is malfunctioning. I can create shape but no way it can be shape inside a shape and than use that as a hole for the finger. Like I tried everything, my copy of the program...something is wrong with it. It just won't do certan things. There is a whole list of things my program wouldnt do and other people can. This is just one of them.
Sounds like run of the mill user error to me. If no one else has the problems...the problem may be between keyboard and chair.
Sounds to me like you have nothing smart to say. Than why say anything at all.
No, the "nothing smart to say" was "...I just don't know if it can be done in Moho and if so how" right after jezjones posted a Moho file showing you exactly how. He's now posted twice and you seem to have completely ignored both...only to complain about "malfunctions", people trying to help you with image editors, etc.. Do you remember posting a topic about "Reference layers dont work in Moho 12"? Did that end up being a "malfunction" or user error? :roll:
I was talking to user "synthsin75" when I told him off. Not to you. Because he came to the forum where people are SUPPOSE to ask questions and start being a smartass about it. Keyboard warrior you know. I love to call out those. You all other guys chimed in with your advices and I couldn't be happier with everybody in the forum that's why users like that guy shouldn't even be even reading it.
I'm so glad you enjoy telling people off. Sounds like a mature and welcome addition to this community :roll: ...or a prime example of Chucky's "new users post time and time again for obvious stuff"( viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31214 ). For example:
Animator101 wrote:At this point I am sure my program is malfunctioning. I can create shape but no way it can be shape inside a shape and than use that as a hole for the finger. Like I tried everything, my copy of the program...something is wrong with it. It just won't do certan things. There is a whole list of things my program wouldnt do and other people can. This is just one of them.
Have you read/searched the user manual? Maybe the included tutorials? Do you know where to find both those? Did you even try a Google search? Creating a shape with a hole is one of the most basic things you can do in Moho, and from your description, e.g. "no way it can be shape inside a shape and than use that as a hole", it's obvious you lack this basic understanding. So excuse people when they rightly point out user error. Don't be so quick to shout "malfunction" when you obviously don't know enough to tell the difference between that and user error.

Hint: You don't create a hole with/in a shape....you create a shape with a hole.