How to imprt layers from one scene into the other ?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Animator101

How to imprt layers from one scene into the other ?

Post by Animator101 »

Is there a way to import specific parts from one scene into another ? Like if I have 2 opened projects and I need a fire from one project in the other one. I have PARTICLE LAYER folder that makes fire and I want to use it in the other scene, how would I import that specific layer only ?
Thank you
Greenlaw

Re: How to imprt layers from one scene into the other ?

Post by Greenlaw »

It's easy: Use Import General Import or Moho Object, and select a Moho scene. Moho will display a list for main groups and any non-grouped layers at the top with pictures. Just check off the groups/layers you want and ti will import them. The key is in how you group your elements. One nice option to importing is that you have the option to import as a reference--very useful if you anticipate revisions to the Moho objects you import.

Alternatively, you can open multiple project files at the same time in Moho and use Copy Layer to transfer groups and layers from one scene to another. One reason to do this over Import is that you can select specific layers and groups within the hierarchy of any group.
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

Greenlaw wrote:It's easy: Use Import General Import or Moho Object, and select a Moho scene. Moho will display a list for main groups and any non-grouped layers at the top with pictures. Just check off the groups/layers you want and ti will import them. The key is in how you group your elements. One nice option to importing is that you have the option to import as a reference--very useful if you anticipate revisions to the Moho objects you import.

Alternatively, you can open multiple project files at the same time in Moho and use Copy Layer to transfer groups and layers from one scene to another. One reason to do this over Import is that you can select specific layers and groups within the hierarchy of any group.

That's all bunch of great solutions and I already figured out General Import. But I really wasn't able to do Copy/Paste thing you are suggesting. I thought of it and I opened 5 scenes and troed to grab a layer and Press CMND+C and go to the other project and press CMND+V but I wasn't able to copy/paste layers or layer groups or characters that way. Is there another way or I do it wrong ?
Thank you
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Copy Layer is a different command from Copy. Look under the Edit menu and you'll find it.

One limitation with Copy Layer is that it only copies one layer at a time, so you can't multi-select layers and copy them. However, if you use Copy Layer to copy a Group layer, it will include every layer inside that group.

Also, there is no shortcut for Copy Layer but you can create one if you use it often. (I wish they would stick Copy Layer under the Right-click menus for the Layers window--that's where I really need it the most.)

Hope this helps.
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

Amazing. It's actually in MENU options and yes you are right it should be in mouse+click menu. But it does the job.
Thank you.