How to appear and disappear ?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Animator101

How to appear and disappear ?

Post by Animator101 »

How do I make something appears in the scene or disappears? Like if I have particle layer making a flame throw and want it to fade out.
Thank you
hayasidist

Re: How to appear and disappear ?

Post by hayasidist »

take a look at this: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31051&p=176469 if that doesn't help just say!
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

I still can't do it. I just want to be able to make layer disappear or appear. Like if someone is taking a mask off you would see a mask and than second later face without a mask. That would require 2 different heads and one to disappear and one to appear in a split of a second.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Animator101 wrote:I still can't do it. I just want to be able to make layer disappear or appear. Like if someone is taking a mask off you would see a mask and than second later face without a mask. That would require 2 different heads and one to disappear and one to appear in a split of a second.
ok - lots of ways to do this. >>>> Remember: press "OK" or "Apply" when you change a layer setting!! <<<<<

1: layer stuff: make sure you have "allow animated layer effects" checked in the "general" tab of layer settings then ...

1a: change opacity - you need 3 keys. One at frame 1 which will be 100 (the layer will disappear) or 0 (the layer will appear); the same key at the place you want the change to start; the opposite key where you want the change to end. e.g. disappear between frames 25 and 30: key at frame 1: opacity = 100%; key at frame 25: 100%; key at frame 30: 0%

1b: change visibility: to make a layer disappear you need to uncheck the "visible" box at the appropriate point in the timeline; to make it appear: at frame 1 uncheck the "visible" box then at the place you want it to appear check the "visible" box.

2: particles: in the layer settings "Particles" tab uncheck "on at start". At the point you want things to start select the particle layer; select tool / Special / particles and check the "particle on" box; uncheck it when you want particle generation to end (particles will persist for their lifetime after that)

3: switch layer: using your example have two layers -> 2 different heads (one with a mask and one without). At frame 1 make sure the masked head is the active child. At the point you want the mask to disappear make the unmasked head the active child.

Hope that helps!
Animator101

Post by Animator101 »

Wow I underestimated "allow animated layer effects" option cuz I didn't know what it was for but definitelly does what I needed.
Thank you so much for your generous and comprehensive explanation.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

glad to help! :D