Importing Character Wizard presets

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lúthien

Importing Character Wizard presets

Post by Lúthien »

hello all,

I just bought the Moho v.12 upgrade. I haven't used the software for a while, and now I wanted to import some content I had created with Anime Studio Pro 11 last year.
It's mostly about a dozen or so Character Wizard presets.

The thing is - while I can still see and use the presets in the Character Wizard of Anime Studio 11, I cannot find them anywhere on my file system. It's almost uncanny. I searched everywhere: in the regular Custom Content location I always used (and confirmed that it still is set within the Help menu of ASP11), on a copy I made on my iCloud drive - there is just an empty set of Action / Eyes / Feet / Hands / etcetera subdirectories under the Character Wizard directory in there.

So then I looked for other places where it might lurk: in the ~/Library, and in the Anime Studio Pro.app package file (Gimp does store add-ons in there at times). I looked for hidden .smithmicro directories; and as a last resort I created another preset in the Wizard in ASP11, saved it in a file and then searched the whole file system for any trace of the name of the preset I had just created.
Nothing. (now play the mystery music from the Twilight Zone)

It's not such a huge deal - I also saved those characters as .anime files. But it's just too weird to give up on. Has anyone ever seen this before?

I was planning to try setting the Custom Folder location of Moho 12 to the same location of the ASP11 custom folder, to find out whether it could somehow extract those presets from, well, out of nothing ;) - but because I didn't do that when I first started it it now creates a /moho subdirectory instead of re-using the old Anime Studio Pro one.

Using Moho 12 / ASP 11 on Mac OS 10.12.3
reniad nu elin luin