keyframe interval

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

keyframe interval

Post by zoesan »

This was something I brought up in another post. I believe you just space out the key frames, or render at lower rate, but this enclosed jpeg from the Lost Marbles group forum seems to suggest another method Image .
synthsin75

Re: keyframe interval

Post by synthsin75 »

Keyframe interval is generally used if you want a specific element to move at a lower frame rate.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Many years ago, I worked on an anime-style commercial for Nissan, and we rendered most of it as cel-shaded cgi. (A few seconds of the footage can be seen on my Rhythm reel.)

Here's what we did to match the frame rate of the FBF layers, which were hand-drawn at 12 fps: the cgi was step rendered from LightWave on twos, so we output only every other frame of the animation. We composited the entire job in Fusion, and we set the comps so that if any imported image sequences were 'missing' frames (which would intentionally be nearly every scene,) Fusion would simply hold the previous frame. The result was we got 24 fps footage and only had to render half the frames. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to get Moho to globally render every other frame, so this method might not translate the same way.

It could be nice if Moho had the option to step render to create this effect and maybe even save duplicate 'hold' frames to fill the intended gaps. (For that matter, Preview Animation should be able to do that too.)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

I've been using preview animation for single frame view renders, will give it a look again when the next content gets off the drawing board. The demo reel delivered. I understand key framing is no small matter to get your head around, post production is favourite, interval framing within the application timeline needs more of my attention, its in the to follow up tray for now.
zoesan

Post by zoesan »

So as to sharpen my understanding of the subject I've posted a quote from Chucky - from a post on the 'Help change the future of Anime Studio discussion board'. I think its on topic, close enough, to keep the Header subject going.