slow down movement

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

zoesan

slow down movement

Post by zoesan »

Got my first question. I'm moving clouds across frame, and movement is too fast, I've extended timeline, and tried moving image some distance from view area. But still clouds move way too fast. Any ways to slow the Images of cloud movement down other than already mentioned.

[img]/MohoImage01.jpg[/img]
slowtiger

Re: slow down movement

Post by slowtiger »

Speed of any movement is determined by distance of keyframes in the timeline. Move keyframes further apart = slower movement.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
jahnocli

Re: slow down movement

Post by jahnocli »

Frames per second (fps) too. If you haven't already tied yourself in to a fps figure, try increasing the number in File | Project Settings | Frame Rate. (This will affect all your other animation too).
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
zoesan

Re: classic walk bounce

Post by zoesan »

Thanks, I've left the clouds as static, facing far bigger technical objectives, than scrolling through 500 frames+ when the walk cycle is only 128 frames, and frame rate has been set, but might look into that one, so satisfied with walk cycle, albeit crude. I've reduced the task being undertaken to Clips, which can be imported into iMovie, so done clip02 walk cycle, clip01 is a head turn, which I have covered here on the forum, I'm using anime pro 8, but just ordered anime pro 9, but will have a try at the anime pro'old school' head turn.
One thing I had prepped for in the walk cycle was the classic walk 'bounce' by including a bone in waist. But can't get the kinematics to work, tried constraints, the whole figure just revolves, so switched that to zero, the bone is vertical, parented to thigh, shin, foot, so will try horizontal bone test, can't locate any thing on the subject, so some light would be appreciated.