Adding a character into a video

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

RyanSurrey

Adding a character into a video

Post by RyanSurrey »

Did anyone try that?
like adding your animated character into a vlog of yours or anything?
It would be cool i think.
Greenlaw

Re: Adding a character into a video

Post by Greenlaw »

Sure. Just import the video as a background. This assumes the video is in a compatible format. Ideally, the video should be uncompressed or use an image format--this will ensure fame accuracy.

If you want to do this 'properly', I would set up my Moho output for compositing in another program like After Effects or Fusion.

To do this, first output the video to image sequence from a program like AE. I normally output image sequences for reference only, so I use JPEG with medium compression or lower quality. This should make the frames stream in real-time to Moho, which is especially useful when working over a network. After importing the sequence, I'll set this Image Sequence layer to Do Not Render. I'll also output the audio track from AE and import that to Moho for reference. Use AIFF or WAV if you need to sync the audio accurately. If you use a compressed format like MP3, it probably won't be accurate enough for timing and lipsyncing use.

When I output the final animation, I prefer to composite it with the original footage in a compositing program. A compositing program will offer you much better tools for integrating the animaion seamlessly with the live action. However, if you prefer to composite in Moho, you can replace the compressed JPEG image sequence with a higher quality uncompressed or lossless image sequence (like PNG for example.)