Resizing groups with paths

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nina_paley

Resizing groups with paths

Post by nina_paley »

1. Frame zero. The snake follows that path. The paths are animated by the bones of the body.

2. The animation works just fine. The body has a second, masked layer that makes the snake look like its twining around.

3. But if I resize the whole group, the snake no longer directly follows the path, but rather follows some strangely resized path I can't see. You can now see the masked body layer obscuring the snake incorrectly. Also the snake gets shortened. I resized the whole group and the body and its mask layers resize consistently, but the snake on the path gets all tweaked.

How can I control this? I want to be able to resize these layers after I animate them. I know I can use the camera but sometimes I have two groups with path animation I want to resize independently of each other.
hayasidist

Re: Resizing groups with paths

Post by hayasidist »

what exactly is the setup you have?

I've tried a simple structure
group
>> snake
>> path
>> mask
>> body

and that works fine when I scale group.

A couple of things to check:

- are the bones deforming the mask in an "unexpected" way?
- if snake is now offset from path - have you moved the snake layer? I think there's a "feature" in Moho that means it can't cope with a layer that is following a path that also gets moved...
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Tedious, but first thing to check: do all layers have the same Z value?

(Wouldn't that be great to have as a script? "Set all Z values of all layers to 0?")
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
nina_paley

Post by nina_paley »

Z values are the same, I checked those first.

What I discovered after some discussion on Facebook's Moho Pros group, is that if I put the snake in the same bone layer as the path (which is guided by the body bones), the problem is corrected. That means I can't have the snake in its own bone layer, which I had before, because I moved the snake's mouth with bones. Not ideal, but manageable.