Weird add/erase points in shapes behaviour

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nobebocafe

Weird add/erase points in shapes behaviour

Post by Nobebocafe »

Dear Moho 12, I like you a lot. And I know i'm a newbie, but sometimes you are a little bit frustrating (for me).

I decided to try this cartoonsmart toturial:
https://cartoonsmart.com/?portfolio=how ... e-or-flash
in Moho

So my plan was to create the explosion shape in a FBF layer, scale it from the start position to the final one. And working the "explosion break effect" frame by frame.
So let's start with the first frame. A simple shape with 4

F6 to duplicate, I take the eraser to make the holes...boom... And Moho automatically decides to add a lot of random points, deforming the shape.

And in every new frame, Moho adds or erase randomly points. Why you can't let the original 4 beziers points (even if they have been fixed) of the shape?

Like when I'm using the Blood brush...ops i'm going to erase that little part of the draw...... pluffff.....moho randomly "spill" the color in the other part of the shape. And I spend more time trying to minimize those weird spills than just drawing/animating

Please, tell me that's my fault, that I'm doing something wrong ("You're noobing it, fool!!), because as I said, Moho looks fantastic, but sometimes i feel that , instead dealing with the app, I could already done whateverIhadInMindToAnimate in another one.

Thanks
In the bright world of animation, I'm still triying to learn how to make fire with two sticks
hayasidist

Re: Weird add/erase points in shapes behaviour

Post by hayasidist »

yeah - that's the way blob brush and eraser work -- they (in effect) rasterise the image, work on the pixels then vectorise the result. (IMO a veritable PITA as you, and others, have found)

For clean vectors, use "pure" vector tools. You can make the "hole" with freehand or whatever - then delete the shapes (not paths) and create a shape from all the points -- you'll get a hole. That's what I did here: https://youtu.be/FAc1rpfxAz8?t=14 - it's over in the twinkling of an eye, but the square is a shape with eight points - the four corners plus four inside that all start at the centre then move swiftly out towards the corners to rip a hole in the square (and then a particle layer spews out the fragments)
Nobebocafe

Re: Weird add/erase points in shapes behaviour

Post by Nobebocafe »

hayasidist wrote:they (in effect) rasterise the image, work on the pixels then vectorise the result.
Hmmm....that explains all :?

hayasidist wrote: You can make the "hole" with freehand or whatever - then delete the shapes (not paths) and create a shape from all the points -- you'll get a hole.
Yep. That was plan B. It's a pity. I tried to look for a more "natural" animation process. The plan C is to draw the holes in a different layer, like masking the blast. Maybe latter if i'm in the mood to use moho.

Thanks for the answer!
In the bright world of animation, I'm still triying to learn how to make fire with two sticks