Complex Vector Limitations?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

marineboy

Complex Vector Limitations?

Post by marineboy »

Hiya! This is my first post on this awesome forum - I've been a longtime lurker who has finally decided to actually start using Moho for animation. Yay!!!
Ok, I've been putting together some Vectors in Moho for a character, (I totally LOVE the drawing tools, which is a statement you don't often hear 'round these parts :wink: ) and I'm going for a multilayered approach using some shadow and highlights (Soft Outline etc). I've done a head (which I'll try to post here), but now that I'm working on the body Moho's behaviour is becoming steadily more unpredictable - as if it's struggling to cope with the workload. My question is: is it practical to even attempt animating anything using this technique, or should I simplify my designs to avoid heartache further down the road?

Here's the head, as mentioned (all vector, hair done with one of the Brushes)

dkwroot

Re: Complex Vector Limitations?

Post by dkwroot »

I suggest doing two things.

1. Find all of the layers that add detail to your drawing (textures, shadows, highlights, tints, etc.) go into their layer settings. At the top of layer settings window, turn on "Hide in editing view". This will hide those layers in the editor and show them only during rendering. This reduces the work load on your computer.

2. Try activating "GPU acceleration" under the display quality menu at the bottom right of your canvas.
marineboy

Post by marineboy »

Many thanks, DKWroot, I'll give these suggestions a shot.
chucky

Post by chucky »

I find brushes are the most guilty of slowing things down.
You can hide them in display globally or per layer.
Shapes effects too is hefty so turn them off first in the display settings.
That and the suggestions above like GPU have a big impact.
marineboy

Post by marineboy »

Thanks a bunch, Chucky. I'll try your suggestions along with DKW's - switching off the various features one by one and in combination to see what makes the best improvement.