Frame Skipping not working

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CamLewis

Frame Skipping not working

Post by CamLewis »

Everything was playing back fine, audio sounded good, frames were being skipped. Moho crashed (OS X), I start it back up... and suddenly it's playing back at 10-11fps, with slow down-pitched audio. Whether I have "Allow Frame Skipping" checked or not, the animation plays back at a little less than half speed. This is even with *all layers turned off completely*. I can even create an entirely new document, add absolutely nothing to not, and still run into the same problem.

Anyone have any ideas? Running v12.2 on a beefy machine. Was working just fine up until the last crash. :/

EDIT: I should mention that I've got Display Quality on the lowest settings, and have GPU acceleration on. (Turning it off makes no difference.) If I make them app window (unworkably) tiny, I can get up to 31fps... which gets played back at 31fps, so instead of being slow, it sounds sped up. Been trying lots of different settings in the preferences, project settings, etc., but I can't get it playing back in a workable state.
dueyftw

Re: Frame Skipping not working

Post by dueyftw »

What's running in the background? Could you have something that is sucking the life out of your machine?

Dale
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

there's another person seeing similar issues http://www.kelleytown.com/forum/animato ... IC_ID=3497 -- might be worth checking that your video card is still working properly -- might a failure of that have been the root cause of the crash?
CamLewis

Post by CamLewis »

I suppose the GPU in this iMac could've taken a dive. It seems to work fine in other applications, though, including ones that involve more intense 3D operations. Even if it was the GPU, though, could that really affect whether the app drops frames to keep sync or not? Right now the "Allow Frame Skipping" setting has no discernible effect.

I don't think it's that anything in the background is bringing the machine to its knees, because I axed as many processes as I could while troubleshooting, including running only Moho after a fresh reboot,

Thanks for the pointer to that other thread, I'm going to check it out now.