Distortion on exported animation

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

galloAnm

Distortion on exported animation

Post by galloAnm »

Hi,

I animated an image about grass/flowers (using bones) and in Moho studio the animation was pretty good but when I exported it on MP4 file, the animation is a bit distorted.
Imagine you have a horizontal line and, using a bone, you curve it. In moho studio the line is a perfect curve but in the exported animation the line is like a zig zag (a part of line goes to left, the other part on the right).

Why did it happen?
Greenlaw

Re: Distortion on exported animation

Post by Greenlaw »

What version are you using? There was a bug in ASP 11 and earlier where if I used Image Texture, the texture could 'tear' in a small but noticeable zig-zag pattern when deforming. This error only appeared in rendering and I had to 'fix' it by rendering my passes double-size and scaling them back down again in compositing (the compositor's AA would then mostly clear this up.)

This error was fixed for Moho 12 though. If you're using the latest software, I"m not sure what you could be referring to. Can you post examples?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sorry, I just re-read your post and I do see you mention Moho, not ASP.

Still not sure what you mean though so pics would definitely help.
galloAnm

Post by galloAnm »

Here the pic.

On the left the animation on Moho. On the right the animation on exported file.
Both screenshots are taken at same frame. In moho I don't see the distortion I see in the exported file.

Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

That does seem odd. What do you see when you do a preview render of the frame (CTRL-R)?

Are you using the image layer by itself or with a custom mesh layer? The default mesh can be pretty low-res and may not deform well for some images. If you're using the default, try creating your own mesh optimized to better deformation.

I usually have to create custom meshes for long thin drawings to get smooth deformations.