How to prevent deforming when moving?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

HHGG

How to prevent deforming when moving?

Post by HHGG »

I have two eye shapes. I formed them with the oval shape, then drawed a curve with the freehand tool
and then filled it black. Sometimes when I try to move an eye only the oval is moving and the
black part is deforming:

But sometimes the whole eye is moving. But I don't know what I have done different.
And for the other eye sometimes only the oval is moving and the black part is holding its place without deforming.
So why somtimes is only the oval moving and how can I prevent this?

I clicked on the Transform Points tool and then clicked on the right eye to mark it to move it.
These are my layers (Layer 1 is the left eye and Layer 2 is the right eye):

hayasidist

Re: How to prevent deforming when moving?

Post by hayasidist »

transform points will select the points in the shape if you click in the shape. (this is either a loved or hated feature -- see viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28770)

So in the example you give, you have two shapes - the oval and the "black part". The black part has one point that is not shared with the oval. You're clicking the oval and dragging it, leaving the "unshared" point behind. Other times you'll click the black part and then dragging leaves the right hand parts of the oval behind.

to move all the points in the two shapes together: use the point select tool first to select the points you want to move (or Ctrl-A to select all) then AWAY from the shapes - outside the outer selection box - click and drag.

hth
HHGG

Re: How to prevent deforming when moving?

Post by HHGG »

Ok, thank you, that works.