unsolicited emails claiming to be this forum

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cabbage0896

unsolicited emails claiming to be this forum

Post by cabbage0896 »

to whom it may concern: I have been receiving unsolicited emails for a week now claiming to be from this forum, what the hell is going on? included are claims to a post I never made and instructions to go to a utube channel to read the answer to this post I never made. they all have the same message but the senders name is different with each email. I find this forum invaluable to me when using moho 12 but when my email address has been compromised and I receive these emails (not as spam either) I lose faith in a good thing. A few questions arise: What is my recourse? Should I be telling this to tech support instead? How do I remove myself from this forum? maybe that's the solution then I can sign up again later but it seems my identity(email) has already been compromised. if it helps I would attach a screen capture of the emails to this post but I don't know how. This forum has answered every question I have posted let's see if this one can be answered.....SOON!!
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: unsolicited emails claiming to be this forum

Post by Lost Marble »

Hi, I manage the forum. Could you forward me one of these emails so that I can take a look? I don't think the forum is sending this to you, but maybe someone got your email address from the forum. Anyway, if you could send it to me (with all the headers intact) maybe I can figure something out.

Mike
forumsupport (at) lostmarble.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Also, you could try this: Go to the User Control Panel (near the top left of the forum page), and then click Board Preferences. Set "Users can contact me by email" to No. This may not stop the emails if someone already has your email address, but it can't hurt.
cabbage0896

Post by cabbage0896 »

Thank you Mike for the response. I sent this post to tech support as well and they thought it may have originated on the smith micro forum and not lost marble. after signing in there, they may be correct I adjusted my settings there(for receiving emails) and cleared all posts on that forum. odd though I have never used that forum. if I receive any additional emails I will forward one to you for you to look at, as I have deleted them all. we'll see tomorrow as they seem to arrive very early in the morning CST.thanks again.