Bones stop working after frame 0

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ialves

Bones stop working after frame 0

Post by ialves »

Hi there

i create a character all ok, but when i try to animate, only pin bones work after frame 0, all smart bones, bones stop, i can´t manipulate, rotate etc.

any thoughts?

thanks for all

Ivo
Greenlaw

Re: Bones stop working after frame 0

Post by Greenlaw »

Try this:

1. Open the Smart Bone Action that stopped working.
2. Check the angle of the Smart bone in the first keyframe. It's probably offset from where it's supposed to be.
3. Check the last key. It's probably off too.
4. Don't bother correcting the angles, the adjusted values are probably not going to 'stick'.
5. Instead, delete the keys for the Smart Bone and recreate them. (It's typically just two or three keyframes so it shouldn't be a big deal.)
6. Now check the SBD control.

If it works, repeat the steps for other Smart Bones that may have broken. The keyframes inside the Action for other elements, including bones driven by the Smart Bone, should be okay and shouldn't need to be re-recreated.

Hopefully this fixes your rig.

I'm not sure what triggers this problem yet. I think it happens when you change the hierarchy of an existing Smart Bone and somehow that alters or breaks the Smart Bone's orientation in the Action keys after frame zero. That's just a guess though, I haven't had time to properly test it yet. All I know is that editing the broken keys doesn't fix the problem, you need to delete and recreate them. I see this issue rarely and only in Smart Bone Dials, but it can be annoying when it happens.
ialves

Re: Bones stop working after frame 0

Post by ialves »

Hi

thanks for reply, well, nothing works, but i redo all work, for now all ok, i´m in save every second mode now...:)

thanks for the time

Ivo A.