Audio will not apply to switch mouth

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stealingfeathers

Audio will not apply to switch mouth

Post by stealingfeathers »

Hey folks,

I was just trying to apply an audio file to the switch mouth and it wouldn't take. Wouldn't create the keyframes. I tried different audio files, different characters, different switch mouths. I even restarted my PC and created a character wizard in a new file and tried to apply audio. I'm getting nothing. Zip. It must be some dumb thing I'm forgetting - I haven't needed to do this in awhile, but it was always a very simple and straightforward process as I recall. I'm baffled.

RR
Greenlaw

Re: Audio will not apply to switch mouth

Post by Greenlaw »

I just tried it with the "are you ok" audio clip from the content library and it's working here. I did a basic two pose setup though, not the full phoneme setup.

Can you hear the audio in Moho? Can you upload a sample scene?
stealingfeathers

Thanks for the reply Greenlaw.

Yeah, I was able to hear the video. I can't begin to tell you how many different scenarios I tested. I checked every setting in the software. Three times. My final test was to deactivate Moho Pro and activate my license for Moho Debut (I have this version for teaching purposes). It worked just fine in Debut!!

To make a long story short, I was messing around with the keyboard shortcut settings several days ago. This is the only thing I can think of that might have been related to my Lip Sync problem. I did reset the keyboard shortcut settings to default, but it didn't help. Maybe that had absolutely nothing to do with it in the first place.

In the end, I reinstalled Moho and this cured the problem. I don't think I'll ever figure out what was going on, but I'm just glad that fixed the problem. Weird, huh?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, that's pretty weird. Maybe a related file got corrupted in the pro install? These things happen. (Hmm...that reminds me, it's been awhile since I last backed up my computer.) :)

Anyway, glad you got it solved.
stealingfeathers

You know, I was just thinking about this problem I had, and your comment about a (possible) corrupted file in the Pro install. That seemed like reasonable speculation except that Pro and Debut are no longer separate installs like it was with Anime Studio. The license code dictates which of the software functions will be available. So, now I'm even more curious as to why I had the problem in Pro, but it worked just fine when I activated Debut.

Anyway, I hope you were able to get your backup done. :wink: I try to do it every couple of days. There must be an easy way automate backup!

RR