The shadow flickers

Post by Gaston »

Hi,
the shadow flickers in my mainline. The other leg is ok. :(

View My Video
dueyftw

Re: The shadow flickers

Post by dueyftw »

I don't see any flickering. It only plays once than hangs. And when it plays it not at full speed.

Two things.

One. if your using avi stop and try Mp4 or sequence images.

Two, the charterer left leg. Right from camera view, the shadows stroke is visible in the air space next to the leg.

Dale
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I think it's a problem with the Smart Bones:
The duration of a Smart bone also represents the resolution of the animation. So, for instance, if you create a Smart bone only using 3 frames, then the shape will jump from frame 0 to 1 to 2 to 3, without inbetweens. I think that is what is happening with your file. It looks the Smart bone which controls the leg's shading movement has around 30 frames, which is not enough for a smoother movement.
If you create a Smart Bone of 100 frames or more, then the animation will look smoother, because the "frame resolution" (100 frames instead of only 3 or 30) will be enough to create as many inbetweens as necessary.

PD: There are two kinds of Smart Bones
- The ones which use more multiple frames (as the one of your file)
- The ones which use only one frame
The "frame resolution" is not a problem for the second kind, because the software automatically creates the inbetweens for them (which is nice for some cases, but also has the disadvantage you can't manually control what happens inbetween).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Gaston

Post by Gaston »

Hey victor,
thanks, that was the problem. But it's interesting: The right leg of the character works fine with only 24 frames for the Smart bone. For the left leg I'm using 120 frames now.