Binding

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Gaston

Binding

Post by Gaston »

Hi,
this is probably a common question:
How can I see directly what bone is binding to which layer or point?
Is there an overview?
My problem: The upper leg bone L moves the arm R and the shadow of the torso but I can't see any connections.
The leg bones R works fine. How can I rebinding this layers or points?
synthsin75

Re: Binding

Post by synthsin75 »

With the bind layer tool selected, a bold bone means the current layer is bound to it.
With the bind points tool selected, colored points are bound to the corresponding color bone, and alt-clicking a bone (to selecting it with the bind points tool) will show the points bound to that bone in red.
Gaston

Post by Gaston »

Great, thanks. How can I separate the points again?
And it's possible to bind the same point to several bones?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Selecting the points with no bones selected, and then binding with the tool will unbind the points.

If you want to use Flexi-binding on the points again, you'll need to re-apply Flexi-binding to them. (Note that you can use both in the same layer.)

IMO, the easiest thing is to just select the layers and use Reset All Rigging. This removes binding for ONLY the selected layers and sets them to the default binding mode (which is Flexi-binding.) Then if you want to use Point Binding on some of the points, you can, and the rest will still be affected by Flexi-binding.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

With Point Binding, you can't bind the same points to multiple bones, but you can bind different points in the same shape to different bones. The purpose of point binding is to rigidly lock selected points to a specific bone, not multiple bones, but you can have different selections and bind each selection to a different bone.

If you want the same points to be affected by multiple bones, Select the layers and the bones you want to bind them to, and then Use Selected Bones for Flexi-Binding. This binds the points in those layer to only the selected bones. As mentioned above, you can still use Point Binding for selected points in these layers, and have them rigidly bound to different bones. You can still have Flexi-binding in effect for points not included with the Point Binding.

Also note that other layers in the rig can still be affected by these bones until you explicitly bind them to specific bones too. By default, Flexi-binding affects all layers until use start applying Uselected Bones For Flexi-binding or one of the other methods.