Missing PSD, how to reconnect?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Maido

Missing PSD, how to reconnect?

Post by Maido »

Hi,

I have problem to totally understanding how the PSD is connected with scenes. In short, PSD gets disconnected some cases and it won't connect them back, to be more precise, Moho (12.2) won't save the connection and I can't figure out why.

More detailed situation description:
1. Used Moho workspace to set up file structure (scenes, pictures, rigs, renders)
2. Added project folder path to library
3. I built the rig with psd fail (saved in pictures folder)
4. Saved rig working scene under "scene" folder
5. When finished, saved rig layer to "Rig" folder (with library +button)

6. I try to load rig from library, psd is disconnected, I have to select it again every time and I can't figure out how to connect it again, permanently. Selecting missing picture files could be bearable, but it also disconnects the files when trying to export. It appears so that every time the rig is saved to another folder, than the original "scenes" folder, it loses the connections.

Could anybody comment this situation?

Thank you!

ps. Beside that, I love the way Moho works, it's simple, elegant and performs very well :)
PatrickS

Re: Missing PSD, how to reconnect?

Post by PatrickS »

I've been experiencing this as well. Try running the program as administrator. Reconnect the PSD and save. In the future, keep using the program as administrator. It fixed the issue for me. Hopefully Smith Micro can address this problem soon, it's very annoying.
Maido

Re: Missing PSD, how to reconnect?

Post by Maido »

Thank you very much, Run As Admin saved the psd's with file again, hope Smith Micro will take this confusion away, it can be real headache, when you do not know the trick.

If anyone happen to work on mapped network drives and also wants to run the Moho as Admin, then this is article for you, how to solve missing network drives.