Pin Bones

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

toshiyori

Pin Bones

Post by toshiyori »

When using "Pin Bones" how do you get an image ? I watched the tutorial several times and it only stated: using vectors. now, if a image is applied to the vector, how does the "Pin Bones" work ?
Greenlaw

Re: Pin Bones

Post by Greenlaw »

After importing your image, go to its Layer Settings and, under the Image tab, choose the deforming Mesh layer.

The thing to be aware of is that the bones do not deform the image. The bones deform the mesh, which then deforms the image. The bones, of course, are animated from the Bones layer.

Pin Bones are animated like regular bones, you can parent them, scale them, move them around and rotate them. The manipulators are a little different though--use Alt, Shift, and Ctrl to transform them. (Described in the tool tips.)

Edit: Just checked to confirm what I wrote. Apparently, you can scale the Size of a Pin bone only after frame 0, but you can scale its Strength at frame 0.
toshiyori

Post by toshiyori »

I can go all the way until I reach: "Image Tab" I can't locate "Deform mesh Layer"
I'll try to attach the image tab.
I tried, no luck !
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Look at 4:46

Dale
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Are you using Pro or Debut? That might be a Debut limitation. I think Debut supports Pin Bones but does not support Smart meshes. Pin bones should still work in Debut with images, but I believe you can't create and apply a custom deform mesh in Debut. Note that I'm not completely sure about that so you'll have to check the specs for each version.

If you're using Pro, I think you're going to need to post screen caps or a sample scene to better illustrate the problem.
toshiyori

Post by toshiyori »

I'm using Moho 12 Pro, I have got through the problems I was having, Now I'm enjoying Pin Bones.
Thanks for your advice.