anime studio not responding error

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

taftdavidhaynes

anime studio not responding error

Post by taftdavidhaynes »

I open the Barn scene, and make a balloon cloud, type a few words, and a error says Anime studio is not responding and needs to close. It has never did this before. What is wrong?
dueyftw

Re: anime studio not responding error

Post by dueyftw »

STOP! Don't open it again. All Anime Studio files and Moho are text files. Post it to a file sharing site and someone here will look at it and see if it can be fixed, if I don't get to it.

Dale
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Sounds like a problem with installed fonts.
taftdavidhaynes

dueyftw wrote:STOP! Don't open it again. All Anime Studio files and Moho are text files. Post it to a file sharing site and someone here will look at it and see if it can be fixed, if I don't get to it.

Dale
Thank you for your response Dale. Don't open Anime Studio Again? or don't open that scene again. I am afraid that I don't know what a file sharing site is, could you recommend one. :?:
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

You can use dropbox or any similar service.
Please share the file with the issue and some details as:
- What version of the software are you using?
- What font are you using?
- Are you on windows or mac?
- Is "Create a text layer" checked in the Insert text dialog?
- Can you reproduce the issue in an empty file?

You can continue using the software with no problems. It's probably a very specific issue related to fonts. When you say "the Barn scene" are you talking about the "barnstory.anme" file? (I can't reproduce the crash with it in Moho 12).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
taftdavidhaynes

taftdavidhaynes wrote:I open the Barn scene, and make a balloon cloud, type a few words, and a error says Anime studio is not responding and needs to close. It has never did this before. What is wrong?
\I found my problem, it was a problem with the settings for the balloon cloud. The ratio of text to balloon size was set very high. Over 200%

:D