My future with Moho

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CHIO

Re: My future with Moho

Post by CHIO »

F.M. wrote:CHIO, it's great to know that you are still around!
A pleasure to also know that you are ... :D
Although animation and drawing are a hobby for me, all this time I have been belonging to the MOHO'S family.
Cheers.
I wonder where Myles Strous is? Do you remember? GO TO THIS LINK. MAYBE HELP YOU http://users.monash.edu.au/~myless/catnap/index.html
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

I don't know, many members from the start of this forum have moved on, or, maybe they just lurk, I try to visit the forum everyday.
"and then Man created god!"
myles

Post by myles »

CHIO wrote:I wonder where Myles Strous is?
Hello! How nice of you to think of me. Still around, occasionally lurking on the forum.

Spent some considerable time working more on hobbies other than animation, but I am slowly getting back into it. Sometimes it is almost like starting from new again with all the great new features in Moho/Anime Studio, so I am not able to contribute much at this stage.

While I'm here, a huge thank you to Mike/Lost Marble (and Victor and Fahim) for all you have given us of yourself in the past years and many versions, and making it possible for hobbyists and low-budget small-manpower animators to fulfil their animation dreams. Best wishes for wherever the future takes you!

Regards, Myles.

P.S. I am not sure I even still have access to that old website. If I have, I really should take it down or move it to another site.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
DK

Post by DK »

OMG! Myles how great to hear from you. We must have another coffee one day when you're up this way:)

Cheers
D.K
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

It is great to have news of members from the early years, every New Year I wonder about the ones who stopped posting, after Rhoel's passing, I very much hope that, they are doing well!
"and then Man created god!"
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

myles wrote:I am not sure I even still have access to that old website. If I have, I really should take it down or move it to another site.
I like the page on 'Keyframe interpolation modes': http://users.monash.edu.au/~myless/catn ... ation.html

Image - Step
Image - Linear
Image - Smooth
Image - Ease
Image - Noisy
Last edited by SimplSam on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Hi Myles! You're one of the original users, back from the days before Moho was Anime Studio before it was Moho! Good to hear from you, and I hope you're doing well!
CHIO

Post by CHIO »

myles wrote: Hello! How nice of you to think of me. Still around, occasionally lurking on the forum.
Hi Myles! Pleasure to hear from you, and I hope you're doing well!

Are you working with other techniques or programs?

Pleas tell us..

Cheers,

Chio
hano

Post by hano »

Don't tell me after the big upgrade that was Moho 12 this happens.
And I just started learning the software and I love it :(

It's a neat software and I hope it doesn't fall flat but as a new user I have to think if I want to invest the time.
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

Ah, such a shame! Hopefully Moho stays alive and continues to gain popularity amongst creatives.

All the best Mike. Enjoy your new venture in life.
Check out my animations:
Motionlab Animations
Motionlab on Vimeo
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

I mean... is there a possibility that MoHo might die off now? :S

That would be kind of a catastrophe, MoHo is the most advanced tool for Cutout/Rigged Type style of animation and after all these years it would be so sad to see it go or even if development slows down now...
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I know of 2 company that are thinking of moving to Canada because of the immigration policy. Which both company have a 1/3 staff of green card employee. Also dependent of global sales and been hit hard because of political turmoil. I hope the sales isn't for this reason. Part of me think if the software rights were for sale that a gofund me page could buy it as a community project. Then find a friendly country that allows the best from any country to work on it and set headquarter there. I just have a bad feeling about this!

I agree that this software is the finest that it has ever been could use auto-swap side rigging as next feature. Otherwise, I am now just getting into it from the late sale of the product. The word just getting out now on its true potential.
ctroft

Post by ctroft »

I am so sorry to hear about this, Mike. I know I don't post here often, but for the past five years I felt like I became a small part of the Moho family by being able to contribute tutorials. Trying to show how to best use your software has been one of the highlights of my career.

It goes beyond tutorials. The reason why I started teaching in the first place was because I never felt I was good enough to be a "big time" animator. It all seemed so out of reach. So I contributed what I could.

But Anime Studio/Moho changed that for me. The tools and UI just made so much sense. And I was able to create things I never thought I could. I LEARNED animation with Moho.

And now I am working on a project I have been dreaming about for years. I am starting to finally realize what is possible and what I'm capable of.

You didn't just create animation software. You created a launchpad for dreams once unattainable. And I will use that as inspiration going forward no matter what happens.

I wish you and your team the very best.
eric1223

Post by eric1223 »

I don't post much,but I just wanted to say it's a shame to see you go. Thanks for making the bestanimation software ever.
dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

Thank you Mike for your amazing work in the creation of Moho Pro and all the work you have done since then.

I truly hope that the future brings you great things.

Darryl