Confused About Styles

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gdub

Confused About Styles

Post by gdub »

There's probably an easy explanation for this, but I can't figure it out. In the "Styles" panel I can create a style, then, assign that
style to shapes in the dropdown called "style 1". Then later, I can select the style I created in the top drop down, and change
the color to all of the shapes that I assigned to that style. My confusion is the "style 2". How can you have two different styles
assigned to a particular shape, when you can only select one style from the top drop down. I've been looking at various tutorial
videos, and I never see anyone using the "style 2".
chucky

Re: Confused About Styles

Post by chucky »

Hey Gdub,
It does seem tricky, I agree, but it is a good trick.
The secret is the checkboxes next to the colour of...

Your Style. and your original shape :D

If the colour of your original Shape is checked then it overrides the style.
Which is cool because you can keep the effect ( shading gradient , whatever) and adjust the colour on top of the style.

If you keep the original unchecked and add another style ( which HAS it's colour checked) then that next style overrides the first style and the original.
It is pretty handy.

Sure there could be other ways of doing it, but, these override check boxes can save a ton of work and get you out of a lot of jams.

I don't know if I explained it all exactly , but have a play and you will get the gist of it,

Hope that helps a bit :mrgreen:

Un
Last edited by chucky on Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gdub

Post by gdub »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll play around with it some more, keeping your explanation in mind.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

gdub wrote:There's probably an easy explanation for this, but I can't figure it out. In the "Styles" panel I can create a style, then, assign that
style to shapes in the dropdown called "style 1". Then later, I can select the style I created in the top drop down, and change
the color to all of the shapes that I assigned to that style. My confusion is the "style 2". How can you have two different styles
assigned to a particular shape, when you can only select one style from the top drop down. I've been looking at various tutorial
videos, and I never see anyone using the "style 2".
The top dropdown, Styles, is for creating/editing saved styles. The Style 1 and Style 2 dropdowns stack on the shape. So a fill style in one will cover the fill style of the other, but you can use these to separate fill from things like stroke, Shaded effect, etc..
gdub

Post by gdub »

Okay, I seem to be getting how it works now. Thanks a lot for the replies!