Character Body and hands Problem.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nikboy21

Character Body and hands Problem.

Post by nikboy21 »

Hello everyone.

I am facing this Problem where i want a character to play ukelele. I kept hand behind body so that its shoulder joints are not visible. But i want it to come above body and also above ukelele to show it as playing. I tried to move hand in perspective but its not working. Problem with description is in this video. Looking forward to helpful answers ^_^
https://vimeo.com/199979231
dueyftw

Re: Character Body and hands Problem.

Post by dueyftw »

You may have the layer order wrong.The hands and arms should be the top layers. In the video it shouldn't matter, but try changing them.

Dale
Greenlaw

Re: Character Body and hands Problem.

Post by Greenlaw »

There are a number of ways to deal with this.

The simplest method is to break the arm at the elbow into two layers. (If the art has outlines, you can use a Patch layer to make the break appear seamless. But I don't think you need the Patch in your example.) Both elements can use the same arm bones.

Now, you can move the lower arm layer in front of the ukulele layer and keep the upper arm layer behind the shoulder. Since both arm layers use the same bones, they will move in sync and appear seamless. If you enable Animated Layer Order, you can even keyframe the 'depth' position of the upper and lower arm layers, and move the arm behind the uke and even behind the body whenever you wish. No need to use perspective tricks--Moho keeps track of the layer order so if the lower arm layer is above the uke, it will render that way.

There are way more advanced methods I can go into that are trickier to set up but much nicer to animate--I'll post some videos about those techniques in the future.

As for why it looks wrong in your scene, maybe you need to enable Sort Layers By Depth? (You'll find this option is in your Bones group settings.) I believe this allows you to use true Depth as opposed to layer stacking order.

Personally, I think the first 'simple' method is more appropriate for your animation and should be easier to animate.