Content Paradise - What would you like to see?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

B-Potts

Content Paradise - What would you like to see?

Post by B-Potts »

Hello all,

I've been following Moho for a while now, since the Lost Marble days. At one point I was a seller on Content Paradise, but have been inactive for about 8 years. Ya know, life gets in the way.

Well, after undergoing a bit of a career transition, I'm back at it. I'm now a graphic designer, so I've learned a few new things :)

So I'm putting this question out there because I'd like to start uploading files to contentparadise.com again. My plan is to deliver quality characters. Not just simple up-right, ragdoll looking poses, but dynamic stuff. That's the goal anyway. If you frequent contentparadise.com, what is it you would like to see as far as 2D content is concerned? What would help your projects along?

I'll be around!

B-Potts

UDPATE - Here's a sample of what I'll be doing. The character on the right will be rigged to draw his sword.

Telemacus

Re: Content Paradise - What would you like to see?

Post by Telemacus »

Hi B, great work you're doing.

Personally, I'd like to see more characters like Jeff Holland's poptoogie base model (available for free in moho 12) . He made this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXbugg5HkHg&t=7s

What I l ike about it is how quick and easy it is to create a new different character from it. I think that's the way to go and what people like me would be willing to pay for.
Needless to say, if a character has smartbone actions for face turns, eye and lips, etc. that makes it even more valuable.

Cheers!
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Based on the few rigs I've bought on Content Paradise, I often felt they should include more built-in animations.
B-Potts

Post by B-Potts »

Neeters, Telemacus - Great feedback, thank you.
neeters_guy wrote:Based on the few rigs I've bought on Content Paradise, I often felt they should include more built-in animations.
Absolutely. I've noticed a definite lack of, I guess effort is the word. Sellers will put up files asking for a pretty high price point with little value within. Be it artistic quality or features. And I hate to be critical of others' works. But let's be real here. If you're spending 14.99 on a file set, it should come packed with a decent amount of features. But yeah, I hear you completely neeters.
Telemacus wrote:Hi B, great work you're doing.

Personally, I'd like to see more characters like Jeff Holland's poptoogie base model (available for free in moho 12) . He made this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXbugg5HkHg&t=7s

What I l ike about it is how quick and easy it is to create a new different character from it. I think that's the way to go and what people like me would be willing to pay for.
Needless to say, if a character has smartbone actions for face turns, eye and lips, etc. that makes it even more valuable.

Cheers!
Thanks! I appreciate that.

Ok, good stuff. Jeff's models are great. That's certainly one direction I could take my projects as far as features and rigging. How about frame animation, is that useful to you? If there is a set of slick frame animations, even if it's not an interchangeable character, would the fact that you can see "how" it's done be beneficial?

And what about backdrops, are those of any value to you?
Telemacus

Post by Telemacus »

I'm not familiar with "Frame animation" (does that mean "frame by frame animation?). If so, that wouldn't be useful to me in particular, but I can see why it could interest others.
As for Backdrops (I guess that's like a background, right?) Again, in my case, not very useful (I like creating my own) but I can see what a great time save this would be in some cases.

Basically I want to have the option of creating unique characters quickly, but not one which anyone familiar with moho is acquainted with.