Moho 12 Debut jumps back to Demo-Mode

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Lebostein

Moho 12 Debut jumps back to Demo-Mode

Post by Lebostein »

What is going on? My registered and activated Product Moho Debut 12 is switching to Demo-Mode today...
How can this happen? Can I reactivate it by enter the serial number again? What impact does this have on the number of allowed activations?

Fuck DRM. Such trouble would not be possible with DRM-free products.... :evil:
dueyftw

Re: Moho 12 Debut jumps back to Demo-Mode

Post by dueyftw »

With out licenses the only thing we have is free programs. Go try Sinfig for while, then you understand that having programs that are paid for are pessary.

I just got nailed with an activation screen and had to reactivate mine also. Under help should be a 'License Manger' for you license. Try activating it there first.

Dale
Greenlaw

Re: Moho 12 Debut jumps back to Demo-Mode

Post by Greenlaw »

Lebostein wrote:What is going on? My registered and activated Product Moho Debut 12 is switching to Demo-Mode today...
How can this happen? Can I reactivate it by enter the serial number again? What impact does this have on the number of allowed activations?
You get three activations, which is useful when you need to run it on multiple computers (workstation and a mobile, for example.)

If you lose an activation by some accident, you can recover it from your Smith-Micro user account. To do that, choose License Manager from the Help Menu, which will send you to the portal. Once you're inside your account, select List Product Licenses from the licenses menu. From there, it's a little convoluted getting to the right screen, especially if you have multiple licenses: First, select the license you wish to edit, then click the 'edit' icon in the corner, which will bring to you to the device's page. Now click the Advanced Options button. From here you can remove unwanted or 'lost' activations, which should give you back the lost activation. It may seem confusing because the activation will stay in the list but you'll notice that it is now designated DEACTIVATED.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I'm not sure how this happened in your case. I lost an activation over a year ago when I switched my computer to Windows 10 but I got it back through the License Manager. I've heard of users losing activations after other Windows updates but I think that's pretty rare.