Action Bones Doesn't Work

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Argharn

Action Bones Doesn't Work

Post by Argharn »

Hello guys. I am Using MOHO 12.

I have a cloak on my character. Make it a Bone Layer and created 5 straight bones for cloak. Then Point Bind the points of cloak to these 5 bones.

Now the problem is, I want an Action Bone for Cloak in the main Bone Layer of the character. So instead of going into cloak's Bone Layer, Animator should be able to control the cloak movement from the main Bone Layer with an Action Bone.

I have created an Action Bone in the main Bone Layer called it "Cloak Movement". When it turns 90 degrees, bones inside of cloak's Bone Layer moves. In the same action of a "Cloak Movement" bone in the main Bone Layer, I've made some corrections to the points of a Cloak.

Then a problem showed up. It works fine in the action time line of the "Cloak Movement" bone. With all the point corrections that I've made. But when I go back to mainline and transform the "Cloak Movement" bone in the main Bone Layer, It only moves the bones in cloak's Bone Layer but corrections that I've made to the points doesnt work.

Can you guys help me with this please?

People are controlling same points with few Action Bones but when I am trying that, it seems to be not working. Only one bone affects one point. Confused.
synthsin75

Re: Action Bones Doesn't Work

Post by synthsin75 »

The bones in the cloak layer will not allow main bone layer bones to control the cloak vector layer. Any element can only be influenced by one bone layer, and the closest one in the hierarchy takes priority, unless it has no bones.

You would have to either move the cloak bones to the main bones layer, or make the cloak bones smart bones that handle the vector corrections themselves.
Argharn

Post by Argharn »

synthsin75 wrote:The bones in the cloak layer will not allow main bone layer bones to control the cloak vector layer. Any element can only be influenced by one bone layer, and the closest one in the hierarchy takes priority, unless it has no bones.

You would have to either move the cloak bones to the main bones layer, or make the cloak bones smart bones that handle the vector corrections themselves.
That Actually helped me! I've created action bone in cloak's bone layer made corrections to that and then I created a action bone in main bone layer and moved the correction bone along with the other bones in cloak's bone layer.

Thank you!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I'm glad you thought to just relay the correction bone to one on the main bone layer. Some things like that I forget unless I'm doing it myself.