Moho is lagging so much!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MilesTheCreator

Moho is lagging so much!

Post by MilesTheCreator »

Hello everyone, I've been using Moho for months but I have problems with it today. Throughout the months, Moho didn't lag at all, not even on the huge projects. But one day, I had Blue Screen Of Death and it corrupted Moho, I got 'fatal error' so I fixed it by going to "C:\ProgramData" and deleted "Smith Micro" to fix it. Since then, Moho just lags! Even in simplest projects. I don't know why it is happening... :(

I have a MacBook Pro (Mid-2012) but using Windows via BOOTCAMP.
Intel Core i5 @2.5GHz
4 GB RAM
Intel HD Graphics 4000

I didn't use the Mac version though.
(I didn't use Mac for a REALLY long time!!!)

EDIT: Problem is fixed!

Last edited by MilesTheCreator on Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Re: Moho is lagging so much!

Post by Greenlaw »

Is it lagging only with the scene that crashed or with any scene, including new ones?

If it's happening with every scene, you might want to re-install Moho.

If it's happening with just the one scene, you might need to regress to an earlier version of the scene. If you don't have an earlier version or a backup, try importing the scene data into a fresh scene.

A while back, some users reported a lag and it turned out there were keyframes at some crazy negative number, like -9000. Somehow that distant keyframe caused Moho to bog down in performance. Sorry, I'm not sure how to fix that...I think some users deleted the keyframes using a text editor. Maybe another user will offer more details about how to do this.
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

If it were me. I would backup everything, reformat the drive and do a fresh installation if you do not have a healthy backup to restore the computer to a pre-corruption state.
MilesTheCreator

Greenlaw wrote:Is it lagging only with the scene that crashed or with any scene, including new ones?

If it's happening with every scene, you might want to re-install Moho.

If it's happening with just the one scene, you might need to regress to an earlier version of the scene. If you don't have an earlier version or a backup, try importing the scene data into a fresh scene.

A while back, some users reported a lag and it turned out there were keyframes at some crazy negative number, like -9000. Somehow that distant keyframe caused Moho to bog down in performance. Sorry, I'm not sure how to fix that...I think some users deleted the keyframes using a text editor. Maybe another user will offer more details about how to do this.
It happens to every single scene! :(
Also, I re-installed more than 5 times and still no changes at all!
o0Ampy0o wrote:If it were me. I would backup everything, reformat the drive and do a fresh installation if you do not have a healthy backup to restore the computer to a pre-corruption state.
Well, I can't reach to my Windows installation disk at the moment.. I will try it next time I get it! :/
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Maybe you have corrupted Moho config files? This might happen when you have a serious system crash as you described. You'll probably have to remove the files manually since this is probably not a file that gets installed or overwritten by the installer.

I just did a search and found this: http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29934

The last post suggests you tried this last October and it worked to solve another problem. It might not be related but maybe worth trying again? Just be aware that it uses up one of your activations, but you should be able to regain the 'lost' activation through your Moho user account.

If that doesn't work, I would get in touch with tech support before re-installing the OS. Re-installing the OS such a disruptive process, I would do that only as a last resort.

Good luck. :)
MilesTheCreator

Greenlaw wrote:Maybe you have corrupted Moho config files? This might happen when you have a serious system crash as you described. You'll probably have to remove the files manually since this is probably not a file that gets installed or overwritten by the installer.

I just did a search and found this: http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29934

The last post suggests you tried this last October and it worked to solve another problem. It might not be related but maybe worth trying again? Just be aware that it uses up one of your activations, but you should be able to regain the 'lost' activation through your Moho user account.

If that doesn't work, I would get in touch with tech support before re-installing the OS. Re-installing the OS such a disruptive process, I would do that only as a last resort.

Good luck. :)
Windows crashed randomly though.. I closed my laptop lid because I had to go, when I got back. I opened my lid and BOOM!!! The crash happened..

Or maybe I will just use the Mac version!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm...yeah, that sounds like it might be a Windows issue then.

Can you run a Windows repair? That might be easier than re-installing.

But if you don't have a lot of software on the computer, it might be better to re-install from scratch.

This is actually a Mac, right? From what I understand, the Mac version is more or less the same as the Windows version.
MilesTheCreator

Greenlaw wrote:Hmm...yeah, that sounds like it might be a Windows issue then.

Can you run a Windows repair? That might be easier than re-installing.

But if you don't have a lot of software on the computer, it might be better to re-install from scratch.

This is actually a Mac, right? From what I understand, the Mac version is more or less the same as the Windows version.
Yup, it's a Mac. I will see if I can do the Windows repair! And yup, I have a lot of softwares installed.
MilesTheCreator

PROBLEM IS FIXED!!!