Problem with Interpolating Switch Layers and Mesh

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mdmodeler

Problem with Interpolating Switch Layers and Mesh

Post by mdmodeler »

I love the triangulated mesh feature in Moho Pro 12. But I've noticed an issue with Switch Layers when using a mesh within a bone group. The Switch Layer will not interpolate between keyframes when a Mesh Layer is present. Remove the Mesh Layer and the Switch Layer interpolates fine.
Anyone else notice this behavior or could verify it's a problem (and not just my particular release of Moho)?
Greenlaw

Re: Problem with Interpolating Switch Layers and Mesh

Post by Greenlaw »

Can you post an example?

FWIW, I just did a quick test. I made a custom mesh, duplicated it 2 times (3 total) and place these inside a Switch layer. Then I moved points very obviously in the second and third meshes. Finally, I enabled Interpolate Sub-layers and keyframed the switches between the drawing. Interpolation is working fine for this example.

In your setup, could there be something going on that prevents interpolation from working correctly?

(Although, TBH, I probably wouldn't use a Switch layer for this effect...but I guess it depends on what you're animating.)

One thing worth mentioning: I had to add a duplicate keyframe of frame 0 at frame 1. Before I did that, interpolation did not occur between drawing 1 and 2, it just popped. After adding the keyframe at 1, I got smooth interpolation between all three drawings.
mdmodeler

Post by mdmodeler »

@Greenlaw
Thanks for looking at this. I was planning to use interpolation on the mouth switch layers but when I saw the eyebrows stopped interpolating, I was worried. The file is called tlaloc.moho and I've opened it to the public: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0xxX- ... sp=sharing

The switch layer in question is "eye brows sw". There are only 2 vectors in the switch layer. The keyframes are at frame 1 and 24.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

The smart warp mesh needs to be below the switch layer. That will allow the switch to interpolate.

If the smart warp is above, the target layer will not update properly, because of the order Moho evaluates layers in.

Awesome art and animation, BTW.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Wes beat me to it and provided a better answer than I might have.

But, wow, that is super cool! Thanks for sharing that. :)
mdmodeler

Post by mdmodeler »

@greenlaw and @synthsin75
Thanks for taking a look at this. I'm in Texas for the holiday but I will try repositioning the mesh when I get back.
Thanks for the comments on the quality of my work too.