Recovering The Software?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

apolloheartlock

Recovering The Software?

Post by apolloheartlock »

I am in a bit of a bind. I remember getting help with Anime studio from the Lost Marble in the past.
Well I went on to get Moho of course sometime this year. I upgraded from Anime Studio 11 to Moho 12. That was several months ago and on a separate computer than the one I am using now.

I no longer have access to the computer or the Email I received in order to get the Digital download. No I didn't get a physical copy. I have my products registered with Smith Micro as well.

I just got done from rummaging through the Smith Micro websites to see how I could get another copy, since I remember I was allowed to install the software on 3 machines.
So I was wondering if anyone knew of the process to go through in order to recover a copy of the software?
I had already submitted a case to their support, but I figure if maybe I am a doofus someone could point out the process I missed.
sbtamu

Re: Recovering The Software?

Post by sbtamu »

Just download 12 again and enter the registration code.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
apolloheartlock

I don't know how to do that. where do I download the software from? Also where do i get the registration code? Keep in mind, I DONT have access to the original computer, or the email to download the software.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

if you registered, you should be able to find your serial number on the SM site. Then just download the trial version and use that serial number.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

If that doesn't work, you'll have to get in touch with sales or tech support and prove you own a license. I imagine if you registered the product, and have the original email address and the credit card number you purchased with, they should be able to trace your account and change the account's email address.

FYI, I think it's a good idea to write down all your serial numbers offline or at least keep them in a file on a cloud storage so you can access the license data anywhere.

Re: the three activations, once you get your account reassigned to your new email address, you can recover the lost activation so you'll have three again.

Good luck!
apolloheartlock

I can see on the smith micro website under the section for moho 12 I can see that there is a section that says:
"To continue using Moho after the 30 day trial period you can purchase Moho Pro 12 or Moho Debut 12 and enter the paid serial number."
I copy and pasted that. But I cant find where to get the serial number for registered products.
I clicked on the section at the veeery bottom that says, "Product registration," but all it does is allow me to input product information to register.

I did put in an old copy of one of my softwares to see what would happen. all that Happened is I got an email with a case number and thanking me for registering the product.
Im so confused as to how i am supposed to acquire the information necessary to re-download the software.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Go to License Manager, right below the Product Registration link you clicked. That should ask you to sign in with the info you used to register yours. Then you'll be able to access your serial number. Download the trial and use your serial number.
apolloheartlock

Thanks to everyone who offered help. I found out after some time, that I needed to sign into a different website called, "Content paradise," and from there it had a list of ALL of my purchases and the licensing codes and whatnot as well as links to the downloads. So I am currently downloading the software now. Thank you all so much. Maybe Ill have to use the Lost Marble more often.