Moho12, freehand drawing issues

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Moho12, freehand drawing issues

Post by synthsin75 »

obtusity wrote:Doesn't Ctrl+P (Draw > Peak, probably Cmmd+P on a Mac) and Ctrl+M (Draw > sMooth) plus the Curvature tool give you something similar to pre-12 curve behaviour? (You can still turn on/off display of the Bezier handles in Pro, but they are not necessary)

I see (in Pro) Edit > Preferences has the option Legacy curves for new layers under Layers/Objects and the option Classic point editing keyboard shortcuts under Tools. So, it looks like you should be able to get close to pre-12 pre-Bezier curve behaviour if desired?
(Unless I've missed something, which is quite possible)
Yes, peaking or smoothing a point disables the custom beziers (pre-v12 behavior).

Legacy Curves has nothing to do with beziers. Legacy Curves were the curve definition used in, I think, pre-v7 or so ASP. And classic point editing just changes keyboard shortcuts for things like deselect, etc..
obtusity

Post by obtusity »

synthsin75 wrote:Legacy Curves has nothing to do with beziers. Legacy Curves were the curve definition used in, I think, pre-v7 or so ASP. And classic point editing just changes keyboard shortcuts for things like deselect, etc..
Thanks - it is always good to learn something new (or old, in this case :) ).
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Never can know too much. :wink:
o0Ampy0o

Post by o0Ampy0o »

Diana,

Can you describe your Freehand tool settings when drawing the heart shape?
o0Ampy0o wrote:What are the Freehand tool settings when you draw the heart?
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

obtusity wrote:Doesn't Ctrl+P (Draw > Peak, probably Cmmd+P on a Mac) and Ctrl+M (Draw > sMooth) plus the Curvature tool give you something similar to pre-12 curve behaviour? (You can still turn on/off display of the Bezier handles in Pro, but they are not necessary)
Well yes, with ctrl+p I can uncrinkle a pooint, but that slows down the worklfow considerably if I have to cleanse each shape this way prior to be able to work with it.

I see (in Pro) Edit > Preferences has the option Legacy curves for new layers under Layers/Objects and the option Classic point editing keyboard shortcuts under Tools. So, it looks like you should be able to get close to pre-12 pre-Bezier curve behaviour if desired?

I tried to check these options. It dnd't change anything. Newly drawn shapesstill come with crinkled corners and bended lines.