Bone rigging problem with psd cartoon character

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nikboy21

Bone rigging problem with psd cartoon character

Post by nikboy21 »

Hello everyone. New Moho user here. I made a quick character in Photoshop and trying to rig it in Moho. I decreased bone strength and every bone is parented to certral Bone. Can anyone help me in getting this right? Video below.. Thank you.
https://vimeo.com/195952868?utm_source= ... aign=28749
hayasidist

Re: Bone rigging problem with psd cartoon character

Post by hayasidist »

looks to me as though you have flexibind all bones - so every bone can influence every part of the character. try increasing the bone strength of the head and body bones so that they cover that part of the anatomy. If that doesn't work well, try region binding.

and also consider using offset bones (manual P100) if you still have trouble with arms and legs after that.
nikboy21 wrote:every bone is parented to certral Bone
-- It looks as though you haven't actually done that - but that you do (sensibly!) have bone chains parented back to the central one - IOW the chain of bones down the arm are parented lower arm to upper arm to central; similarly for leg and head -- but do check.
synthsin75

Re: Bone rigging problem with psd cartoon character

Post by synthsin75 »

If adjusting the strength regions and trying region binding don't do it, you can try this. On each layer, select the bones you want to influence that layer and select the menu command Bone>Use Selected Bones For Flexi-binding.