After Effects in the Workflow

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Thrashador

After Effects in the Workflow

Post by Thrashador »

Hey all,
I've been using my animation skillz at my day job to create some client education videos. A graphic designer colleague produced the art I need in Adobe Illustrator, and I imported the AI file into Moho to get it all set up.

Most of the art looks okay, but there are a few assets that I definitely won't be able to export from Moho (some gradients and masking ended up kinda wonky).

In Moho, I've animated a paper airplane that's moving through the sky past clouds with the camera following it (just in x-y, no z-depth). I want to comp out the background and only export the animated airplane moving, then recreate the rest of the scene in After Effects. But I'm not quite sure how to set it up so that all the backgrounds and props from Moho are faithfully recreated in After Effects.

I guess I was just wondering if you guys had any tips on compositing when the camera movement is really extensive (it starts with a really dramatic zoom out that I'm having trouble orchestrating in After Effects using a camera and a null object.) I'm so used to the camera setup in Moho that getting it to work in After Effects is making me scratch my head.

Thanks for any advice you have!

Thrashador
nikboy21

Re: After Effects in the Workflow

Post by nikboy21 »

Hmm I think you can export the animation with transparent background and then composite in AE?
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

This post and the script may be what you need viewtopic.php?t=18091

It bakes the camera data to a text file that can be used with After effects camera. I can't vouch for it as i only just found it, and it is quite old so I don't know if it still works but if it does it should be the go.

There was also this http://www.sevenfeetdesign.com/moho.htm
It exports camera data, but you'd have to take it into a 3D app and then export it to After Effects from there.
nikboy21

Post by nikboy21 »

Render out whatever you need like only Airplane without background in AVI uncompressed format. It will give transparent background. Then composite in AE.