Freehand drawn line behavior ?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

o0Ampy0o

Freehand drawn line behavior ?

Post by o0Ampy0o »

I just installed Moho 12 and have been experimenting with the freehand drawing tools.

I have a question regarding the behavior of a line drawn freehand.

When I lay down a stroke the mark does not sit where I have drawn it. As I drag the cursor tip across the drawing surface the line follows to some degree then rests. This is particularly noticeable whenever I am drawing a curve. If I draw a circle the diameter of the circle shrinks in because the line gravitates towards the cursor tip. At a certain point the line stops moving. The final position is not where I originally placed it. The obvious problem is that this impedes the ability to draw accurately.

This is inconsistent with any drawing software I have experienced and it is certainly inconsistent with any traditional medium.

It might help if there was an explanation of why this is doing this. Is there something taking place that I should know about? The line seems to have a mind of its own. If this is deliberate perhaps understanding the nature of the technology could assist in predicting and anticipating its behavior.

Does anyone know whether this is deliberate or is this just a poorly implemented tool?

Thank you
Greenlaw

Re: Freehand drawn line behavior ?

Post by Greenlaw »

It sounds like you have Smoothing turned up higher than you like. Smoothing will attempt smooth out any wavering in your strokes.

Try dialing it down a bit. If you dial it all the way down, it should follow your strokes pretty accurately.

If you need even greater accuracy, you many need to dial down Point Reduction. Naturally, the lower you go with this value, the more complex your geometry will become, so you'll probably want to find a good balance.
o0Ampy0o

Re: Freehand drawn line behavior ?

Post by o0Ampy0o »

Thank you for the reply. I will experiment with your suggestions.