MOHO is getting noticed.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

djwaterman

MOHO is getting noticed.

Post by djwaterman »

School of Motion http://www.schoolofmotion.com/ made a mention of MOHO in it's latest newsletter, touting it as possibly a superior way to do character animation rather than doing it in After Effects. You'd only get this if you'd been registered to be on their mailing list, but it was nice to see MOHO mentioned as a serious alternative.
djwaterman

Re: MOHO is getting noticed.

Post by djwaterman »

Here's a screen grab.

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

That is cool! I just registered, but can't find the post where they talk about Moho. Could you post that link too?
Thanks!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Unfortunately it's only in the newsletter that gets mailed out, but that screen grab is it in total, when I click on the headline it links over to the MOHO website. Maybe you should contact them and see if they want to include a more in depth showcase in their next newsletter.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

djwaterman wrote:Unfortunately it's only in the newsletter that gets mailed out, but that screen grab is it in total, when I click on the headline it links over to the MOHO website. Maybe you should contact them and see if they want to include a more in depth showcase in their next newsletter.
That's a good idea. Anyway, I'm subscribed to the newsletter now, so I will receive the news from now.
Thanks!
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

BBC has a screenshot of Moho with Bessie Coleman in an article on Microsoft http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37779983 (scroll most of the way down!!) -- good going to whoever in SM achieved that!

(the bad news: Microsoft's "Surface Studio will cost between $2,999 and $4,199 when it goes on sale on 15 December." !)
dkwroot

Post by dkwroot »

hayasidist wrote: (the bad news: Microsoft's "Surface Studio will cost between $2,999 and $4,199 when it goes on sale on 15 December." !)
That's actually a reasonable price for what they're offering. For example, a 27" cintiq costs $2800 alone and that doesn't include a full computer. The surface studio has a 28" screen and is a computer. I wouldn't go rushing out to buy one though, not until trying it out first. I'm really curious about how accurate the pen is and if there are any dead spots or input lag.

It's unfortunate that they packed the surface with a Geforce 960. I would have preferred a 1060 as there was a huge jump in performance between the two generations.
chucky

Post by chucky »

dkwroot wrote: It's unfortunate that they packed the surface with a Geforce 960. I would have preferred a 1060 as there was a huge jump in performance between the two generations.
Maybe that's ok, this machine is a scene stealer and people with the bux and enthusiasm will rush out and buy these like hotcakes.
I bet that it won't be long before the first batch is sold and they start shipping with series 10 graphics and the new cpu's.
gjordan

Post by gjordan »

dkwroot wrote:
hayasidist wrote: (the bad news: Microsoft's "Surface Studio will cost between $2,999 and $4,199 when it goes on sale on 15 December." !)
That's actually a reasonable price for what they're offering. For example, a 27" cintiq costs $2800 alone and that doesn't include a full computer. The surface studio has a 28" screen and is a computer. I wouldn't go rushing out to buy one though, not until trying it out first. I'm really curious about how accurate the pen is and if there are any dead spots or input lag.

It's unfortunate that they packed the surface with a Geforce 960. I would have preferred a 1060 as there was a huge jump in performance between the two generations.
Actually its a Geforce GTX980M so the most powerfull video chip in the actual market, all depends in the specifications you order, the intruductory price of $2999 model have a GTX965M with 2gb video ram, and 8gb internal Ram
My Youtube Channel / Animaciones y tutoriales
https://www.youtube.com/c/JordansDen
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mohocharacteranimators/ Moho Animators Facebook(English)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mohoproesp/ Moho Pro Facebook(Español)
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Just updating with this video of the Microsoft Surface Studio being demo' d with MOHO. MOHO sure looks cool on that big screen. The action is at the 4:28 mark.