Moho 12 trial?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Tonymax

Moho 12 trial?

Post by Tonymax »

Hi, any news of a v12 trial, cant see anything on the SM website.

thanks

Tony
Ronbo

Re: Moho 12 trial?

Post by Ronbo »

I just saw this announced on Twitter:

http://my.smithmicro.com/anime-studio-d ... ce=twitter
Tonymax

Post by Tonymax »

cool, thanks for that, been waiting before i part with the $199

cheers

edit - noticed its only the debut version that has a trial, want to trial pro, i'm a v11 pro user.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Victor Paredes commented a few days ago that they "are planning to introduce a demo for Pro in 12.1."

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29650&start=135
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Moho 12 Pro trial appears to be available:

http://my.smithmicro.com/moho-pro-12-trial.html
Manu

Post by Manu »

Just tried downloading the Mac version. After a bit of bizarre back and forth I ended up with the Debut version. SM may want to iron out the bugs on their website.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Manu wrote:Just tried downloading the Mac version. After a bit of bizarre back and forth I ended up with the Debut version. SM may want to iron out the bugs on their website.
Debut and Pro are in the same installer. The way the software will open -Pro or Debut- depends of the serial number you put on it.
Also, for 12.1 and the future, the 30 days demo can be used for Pro or Debut. The user can decide it when opening the software.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Manu

Post by Manu »

Víctor Paredes wrote:Debut and Pro are in the same installer. The way the software will open -Pro or Debut- depends of the serial number you put on it.
Also, for 12.1 and the future, the 30 days demo can be used for Pro or Debut. The user can decide it when opening the software.
So you're saying that the trial download button under Moho 12 Pro currently only downloads the Debut trial? Without making it clear at all? I was about to give up on Moho when I saw how little you could do with it until I noticed I wasn't trailing the Pro version but the Debut version.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Manu wrote:So you're saying that the trial download button under Moho 12 Pro currently only downloads the Debut trial?
Debut and Pro used to be totally different software, but since version 12.0, they share the same installer.
So both Pro and Debut are contained into the same installer. The software uses your serial number to decide if running in Pro or Debut mode.

In 12.0, the software only offered a demo for Debut, but in 12.1, you also have access to a Pro demo.
When you first open the software, a dialog appears asking you to decide between: Buy, Insert a Serial Number, Use Debut Demo, Use Pro Demo or Quit.
I just deactivated mine to show you the dialog (there are no demo days left for my computer, so the Demo buttons are disabled).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Manu

Post by Manu »

The Macintosh Moho 12 trial is currently still at 12.0
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Manu wrote:The Macintosh Moho 12 trial is currently still at 12.0
Oh, I will check that with the team. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
seren animation

Post by seren animation »

The windows trial is also only 12.0
Manu

Post by Manu »

Right now, the Mac trial doesn't download at all. Haven't tried the Windows version.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Manu wrote:Right now, the Mac trial doesn't download at all. Haven't tried the Windows version.
Please try now. It's working here for both Mac and Win.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Manu

Post by Manu »

No luck. I tried both Safari and Firefox on Sierra (MacOS 10.12). The download simply doesn't start after I submit my email address.