Export Slowwwwwww

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

thang

Export Slowwwwwww

Post by thang »

When i export my project to Movie, it export very very very slow!!!
Help me!!!
Evil Sock Pupet

Post by Evil Sock Pupet »

is it very long and complecated animations you export? or do you export short ones?
thang

Post by thang »

:shock: It is short!!! 4 minute!!! But it really slow!!! U help me please!!
Thx!!!
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

thang wrote::shock: It is short!!! 4 minute!!! But it really slow!!! U help me please!!
Thx!!!
4 minutes is quite long when it comes to animation and rendering is a slow process, I'm having an average of 1½ - 2 minutes per frame in a 1828x1100 targa sequence.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I agree, 4 minutes is long for animation.

Of course, a faster computer would help. Where is that 1 THz CPU we all are waiting for, plus that 400 GB flash memory drive instead of a harddrive? According to Moore's Law and the fact current CPUs run at roughly 4 GHz, we will have to wait another 12 years for that.

In the mean time we just have to be patient and drink a lot of coffee when waiting for our animation shorts to be rendered, or let the computer chrunching at it during the night ;)
myles

Post by myles »

Make sure you have the latest version of Moho - there were rendering speed-ups in some of the updates (for example, 5.2.1, 5.3).

Particle layers: see Hiddicop's tip for speeding up rendering containing particles - particularly for re-rendering as you make changes.

Likewise, you can create static backgrounds separately and compose them together with your animation in your video editor, rather than re-rendering a detailed background over and over again.

Speaking of which, it can help if you break your animation into multiple scenes and render them separately - you can use the batch renderer to render them all at once.

Cribble noted that resizing the preview render window to show only the title and part of the progress bar, not the preview images, speeds rendering up.
Discussed again by Hiddicop and Stephen, in a thread which also brought up the point that batch or command-line rendering, which don't show a preview, might also improve render times.

WillBellJr noted that bitmap files (textures, image layers) should not be hugely larger than the final resolution they will be shown at.

Some codecs may possibly take longer to render than others, but you don't always get a choice about this. Likewise for format and resolution.

Rasheed's hardware dreams aside (by the way, welcome back Rasheed!), Stephen noted that of course faster currently available hardware can make a significant difference.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

myles wrote:Cribble noted that resizing the preview render window to show only the title and part of the progress bar, not the preview images, speeds rendering up.
Oh, my golly gosh goodness. Myles, Cribble, I cannot thank you guys enough for this light you have shined in my life. I couldn't believe just how much of a difference this actually made. I feel like quite a doosh for not even trying it. Thankyou thankyou thankyou.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
Adamsmasher23

Post by Adamsmasher23 »

Is there any support for dual-core or hyperthreading processors? Or is the best way to simply run two instances and have each render half of the animation?
I have dual 2.8 Ghz processors, and being able to take advantage of this would be great (Taskmon shows one processor being used very much).
L|i|f|e my anti drug
cribble

Post by cribble »

gavi dvan wrote: Oh, my golly gosh goodness. Myles, Cribble, I cannot thank you guys enough for this light you have shined in my life. I couldn't believe just how much of a difference this actually made. I feel like quite a doosh for not even trying it. Thankyou thankyou thankyou.
Adamsmasher23 wrote: is there any support for dual-core or hyperthreading processors? Or is the best way to simply run two instances and have each render half of the animation?
I have dual 2.8 Ghz processors, and being able to take advantage of this would be great (Taskmon shows one processor being used very much)..
From what i've heard, not yet. Kind of like the dual processors on PC's aswell, i don't think thats supported either. Definitly a huge feature for the future (aswell as 64bit support).
--Scott
cribble.net