no crisp vector shapes in editmode

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nils

no crisp vector shapes in editmode

Post by nils »

Hi,

Does anyone know how to maintain a crisp vector shape while editing at frame zero.
I am working on a character but somehow the face looks blurry. The face is in a bone group. When i select the individual layers in that group the vectorshapes on that layer have sharp edges . I want all the layers to look as sharp as the rest of my character when i'm working on the face features. does anyone have a clue?

Changing display quality does not help. am i doing something wrong or is this a bug?

lwaxana

Re: no crisp vector shapes in editmode

Post by lwaxana »

Do you have GPU acceleration or antialaising checked in your Display Quality window?
nils

Post by nils »

Yes i had GPU acceleration on, i unchecked it and the vectors looks sharp again. Thanks!

Weird effect tough, why would it affect only the layers within the group layer with a mask and not everything else?

Well thanks anyway for your help!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

It's just a screen preview effect, so it shouldn't affect your render whether it's on or off. In general, I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

Also, the actual quality may be dependent on your graphics card or driver version. FWIW, I usually have GPU Acceleration disabled because it can cause odd screen results with certain masking techniques. On the other hand, if you have a lot of high-res textures and you really need to see them on-screen in high detail, GPU Acceleration can be faster. (Assuming you have a suitable amount of RAM for your graphics card of course.) Again, this doesn't affect final rendering though so I wouldn't worry too much about how it looks in preview.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Yeah, its the GPU setting, I get the same on my geforce GTX 960 card, but not on my Quadro, maybe a drivers thing, who knows, I also find it annoying to be honest, as GPU never worked well with my GTX cards, even the old ones!
Last edited by GCharb on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chucky

Post by chucky »

YOu know you can customise the way the gpu renders the display in moho ( to a degree ) by going to the Nvidia control panel/manage 3d settings and select Moho etc. etc.
Galoz

Post by Galoz »

i have GTX 1080, and adjust in nvidia control panel best setting for moho 12.. but
still no crisp vectors !!
only when i unchecked the "use GPU" everything went fine.
i guess GTX not going to help much on the animate stage.

does this will affect render time also ?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

GPU only helps with drawing in the workspace, by making unselected layers bitmaps. This has nothing to do with renders.