Layer Settings panel is invisible

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Fil

Layer Settings panel is invisible

Post by Fil »

Hi, a bit of a strange thing. I can not see Layer Settings panel. It seems to exist on the monitor, but I do not see it. It is somehow hidden. Ctrl + Shift + I is not working too. Reinstalling AS 11.2 not helped. I have a Windows 8. Do you have any idea please?
synthsin75

Re: Layer Settings panel is invisible

Post by synthsin75 »

You might have accidentally flung it off screen. If so you can move it back by changing its location in the user settings file. You can find it here (on Win8):

C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro\11\Anime Studio Pro11.user.settings

You'll probably have to show Hidden Items to see the AppData folder. Close AS. Open that file with Notepad, and look for "LayerDlog_location" (they're listed alphabetically). Change whatever its number value is to "0 0". Save this file, close it, and open AS. The Layer Settings dialog should be in the upper left corner when you open it.
Fil

Post by Fil »

Thank you very much for your help. I rewrote it and it's OK now.
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

Wow, this seems like something that should be written out of the program, you'd never know to go digging so deep to solve that issue,the user shouldn't be able to lose a panel like that and not get it back easily.
Fil

Post by Fil »

Before this situation, I was a little bit worse. All window of AS program was hidden. Then I installed a latest update of Windows 8 and Intel, and then was just the panel hidden from view.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

djwaterman wrote:Wow, this seems like something that should be written out of the program, you'd never know to go digging so deep to solve that issue,the user shouldn't be able to lose a panel like that and not get it back easily.
I'm not sure any program could tell the difference between off-screen or on a second monitor. You definitely don't want it resetting your multi-monitor layout on you.