what do you do with your films?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Evil Sock Pupet

what do you do with your films?

Post by Evil Sock Pupet »

once you have finsished animating your films what do you do with them?

Do you post them on the net? or send them into a competition or what? Or do you use moho for school projects for movie making classes or whatever. I am curious to hear how everyone likes to use moho
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

I place them in a large saucepan, cover them with combined milk and water, and add bay leaves, then after bringing them to the boil, I transfer them to a food processor and add a little butter, then I serve them with cauliflower puree and preserved lemon, and drizzle with a little olive oil if I desire
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

7feet

Post by 7feet »

My first use was to get a scholarship to a film program when I was 16. Which led inevitably to my current career. Which is pretty much, if you can put it in front of an audience, I'm there. Film, TV, theatre, music, toy design, museum displays, whatever. I started with stop motion, still my first love and I may me doing a good bit of it coming up. But its a choice. Do you really, really, really want to create things that other people want to look at? It's really not an easy row to hoe (ho?), and it's only occasionally that I've had great steaming bucketloads of money thrown at me, but god what great fun. Mostly it's been broke but happy. But happy, no doubt. I fully intended to be a reconstructive surgeon, and I'm sure I would have been good, but I've had such an entertaining time just "making cool stuff" that I hardly regret the left turn at all. Well, really, not at all. I've done work I'm proud of, work that I can mention to lots of people that they'll recognize (usually not the same, unfortunately), and it's all because I started obsessively making animated films when I was 12. Who woulda thunk?
Evil Sock Pupet

Post by Evil Sock Pupet »

very interesting............cool :D
spoooze!

Post by spoooze! »

I post mine on the net.
I am currenly working on a series to enter into a contest however...

James 8)
cribble

Post by cribble »

I put all of the working files, plus the finished result on a CD, and send them to my self via record delivery. That way i have copyrighted it in some manner and if anyone tries to steal my work i can use that as evidence.

I then stick it up on web and add it to my portfolio for my uni interviews.

I also stick it up on newgrounds for critical commentary from other people other than my family and friends. That way i know what to improve for next time.
--Scott
cribble.net
Zaphod

Post by Zaphod »

Crib, mailing yourself your own work as a "poor man's copyright" doesn't really give you any more protection than if you did nothing at all. You might want to read this:
http://www.snopes.com/legal/postmark.asp
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

Hey nice read, thanks for the lowdown Beeblebrox. Pretty useful stuff.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

And noting the US fees ....

Full-term retention of published copyright deposit $ 425
Form G/DN (daily newspapers and newsletters) $ 55

So the US Copyright Office isn't a non-profit organisation then. :roll:

Coming from the UK, I use the post-back system - Sometimes on a project that i know is going to be sent to a big TV profucer, I have back-ups and affidavits plaed at my solicitor. The "may help"note is interesting ... my understand is it such evident has much greater weight than just may.

I would be interested to see if a US court has had to make a discision on a case where someone had a postdate sealed envelope marked January 2005, a postal reciept to a TV producer marked February 2005 and a signed receipt for same, and the TV Producer holding a US Copyright receipt for the same idea on March 2005.

I know what the UK court would say - give him a suspended sentence, "Hang the thieving Producer till he's good and dead":)

It would also be interesting to see the result of a UK court upholding the copyright using postdate where a US copyrighter claimed ownership based on US registration of the idea made at a later date.

Reading the documentation on the US copyright site, it suggests that in principle a UK company can develop an idea/design without any need for formal registration, and the US will protect anyone in the US who steal it legally through registering it in the US - the US law says the first legal registerer is the kegal owner to the idea/design. :(