Moho 12 Bugs

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

KuzKuz

Moho 12 Bugs

Post by KuzKuz »

Moho 12 bugs:
1. Smart dials break bone structure.
2. Curvature goes crazy if used in mainline with smartbones.
3. The Freehand tool creates excsessive loops at acute angle corners.
synthsin75

Re: Moho 12 Bugs

Post by synthsin75 »

1. Creating a smart bone dial of a parented bone has always set it up relative to the parent bone's rotation (exact same behavior as AS11).
chucky

Post by chucky »

Freehand does not do that for any of the tests I did ( just now I double checked), it was clean and good, one nicely pointy bezier at each point no excess no mess.

Are you drawing with a mouse?
Try drawing freehand with a stylus.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Wow, that's really weird stuff but I'm not seeing any of that here.

Last week I created a character at work that used nearly 50 Smart Bone Actions and these Actions all worked perfectly. Some dials were created using the 'Make Smart Bone Dial...' command, but I stopped using this command for creating dials because it doesn't work well when the bone is parented to another bone. I typically have all my bone dials parented to a common 'mover' bone, so it's better for me to make my dials manually. No biggie.

As for the extra knots at the peak, I tried to reproduce what you're getting using a mouse and a stylus but it's not happening here. At the moment, the mouse and stylus are drawing the way they should on my gear. I checked it a few minutes ago on my Cintiq Companion; I'll give it a try on another computer later.

I'm not doubting you--obviously something weird is happening on your end. I'm just saying I'm not able to reproduce those errors here.

Could you post the scene maybe?
Last edited by Greenlaw on Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Thanks for feedback. I use wacom intuos tablet, but mouse give same result. I recorded video with step by step recreation this bugs.
Moho File

Curvature bug only if change curvature value with mouse drag on point. If type value in Curvature value field then work fine.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I tried to recreate your scene and the curvature control with mouse or stylus is working as expected here. Could you post your scene? Maybe I'm doing something differently.

Also, have you tried this another computer? Just wondering if it could be machine specific.
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

Moho Scene File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByiL0b ... FGTWc/view
I will try use another computer later.
chucky

Post by chucky »

I tried the file and get nothing like what you are showing in the video KuzKuz, I can't imagine what the problem is , all fine here. :?
SOrry I thought I had an idea before I got the file but all is working on this end. :shock:
KuzKuz

Post by KuzKuz »

You try use curvature tool in my scene at first frame too? Wow, i don't know why only i have this issue.
Maybe someone knows what reasons can be?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I can see your #2 problem here. Seems beziers used in smart bone actions have unpredictable results when you try to animate curvature on top of them. If you just change the curvature, without changing the bezier handles, in the SB action, you'll be able to add mainline curvature and bezier on top of that just fine. If you use the beziers in a SB action, it's best to avoid adding curvature or bezier in the mainline, for now.

I'll report the bug. Thanks for the file demonstrating it.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Wow, that sounds tricky. So are you saying that, for now, we should just pick one method, curves or bezier, and stick with it? For the most part, I'm still using only the curvature tool in Actions and out, which is probably why I'm not seeing that.

Anyway, good job figuring that one out!
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

A bug well found.

Greenlaw, it works as expected as long as you dont try to add bezier handle adjustment in the mainline to handles already influenced by a bone - if you don't do any bezier correction outside of an action (for affected points) then you shouldn't see weirdness...
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yep. Either use beziers ONLY in a smart bone action (no mainline curvature or bezier added), OR just do curvature in the SB action so you can still add beziers to the mainline.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

problem with that is the effect of compound influences can't be corrected (such as squash/stretch bone adjustment) - I think this needs swift squashing!
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ah, thanks for the clarification guys! I'll watch out for that.