Moho 12 Bugs

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

chucky

Re: Moho 12 Bugs

Post by chucky »

Right compound curvature, lucky it's not needed too much. Still that be a priority fix Eh?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

synthsin75 wrote:Yep. Either use beziers ONLY in a smart bone action (no mainline curvature or bezier added), OR just do curvature in the SB action so you can still add beziers to the mainline.
Great tip. Good job sussing this out.

Kuzkuz, maybe add text to the subject line (eg., "Moho 12 Bugs [curvature / bezier problem]") to make this tip easier to search for.
Lychee

Post by Lychee »

I want to use the post of KuzKuz to report another bug, apparently the smartwarp and crop tools are struggling to coexist.

Here is a vidéo to show what is the problem:

jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

I've not been able to use a smart wrap with the follow path function yet. Has anyone managed this? When I try it on my PC it crashes.

What I did: Create a vector layer with a shape. Create another layer and make a smart wrap shape over this and apply to the first layer, then make the mesh follow a path – it crashes Moho.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Lychee wrote:I want to use the post of KuzKuz to report another bug, apparently the smartwarp and crop tools are struggling to coexist.

Here is a vidéo to show what is the problem:

Why do you need to crop something that is already cropped by the smart warp mesh?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

jezjones29 wrote:I've not been able to use a smart wrap with the follow path function yet. Has anyone managed this? When I try it on my PC it crashes.

What I did: Create a vector layer with a shape. Create another layer and make a smart wrap shape over this and apply to the first layer, then make the mesh follow a path – it crashes Moho.
I did this with no problem: http://www.filedropper.com/followmesh
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

This just happened when I duplicated the bone layer. (The left one is the main bone layer and the right one is the duplicated bone layer.)

You can view the file from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwbu6l ... sp=sharing

Also update is not working.

I dont know how to update without this. Is there a way to download the new version of Moho without update process?

Sometimes bezier curvature handles disappears. Curvature Tool works like old Anime Studio. It again appears after close and re open the file.

(I know Show Bezier Handles button but Curvature Tool doesnt have an option like this. Maybe need to have)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Looks like a bug introduced when they corrected duplicate layers sharing internal layer IDs. Now it looks like selective bone flexi-binding is failing to update to the new layer IDs.

Uh...what update?
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

synthsin75 wrote:Looks like a bug introduced when they corrected duplicate layers sharing internal layer IDs. Now it looks like selective bone flexi-binding is failing to update to the new layer IDs.

Uh...what update?
I know there is not an update for now but it looks like an error occurs everytime I check the updates. I guess Moho cant connect to the internet.. That's why I dont know how will I update it when the issues will be solved.

You can view the screen capture from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwbu6l ... sp=sharing
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, it does tell me I'm up to date here, but I'm not finding the firewall exceptions to make sure Moho is allowed to communicate online.
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

synthsin75 wrote:
jezjones29 wrote:I've not been able to use a smart wrap with the follow path function yet. Has anyone managed this? When I try it on my PC it crashes.

I did this with no problem: http://www.filedropper.com/followmesh
Thanks for that. I can open and use that, but if I use the Alt option to bend the mesh to the path, and then animate that, then Moho crashes.
Can you please test this: http://www.filedropper.com/followmesh_1
I've turned off the star layer to start with to show that it bends fine.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I'm just now getting around to looking at this.

I did a simple Mesh/Follow Path test here a few minutes ago and it worked as expected. Then I downloaded your file to see how it differed from mine. It's essentially the same scene except for the black stroke on the path and a higher density mesh that's being deformed, and it's working fine on my system too. Sorry, I know that's not much help.

If it matters, I'm running Moho 12 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 with 16GB RAM and Windows 10.

Yesterday I did try duplicating a rig and it seemed to work fine here too--both copies deformed their drawings as expected. It was a fairly simple setup so I'll try a different rig later today and let you know. At work we're still using Windows 7 so I'll be able to check if it's the OS.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I just realized you had uploaded the Adam file and I checked it out. Yes, now I'm seeing the problem. I even tried saving the working version of the rig by itself, importing it into a new scene and duplicating it there--same error.

The torso works though...is that using flexi-binding too? Puzzling.

Hmm...I just now tried re-binding the layers but that didnt' help either.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

jezjones29 wrote:Thanks for that. I can open and use that, but if I use the Alt option to bend the mesh to the path, and then animate that, then Moho crashes.
Can you please test this: http://www.filedropper.com/followmesh_1
I've turned off the star layer to start with to show that it bends fine.
Yeah, that crashes here too.
Greenlaw wrote:I just realized you had uploaded the Adam file and I checked it out. Yes, now I'm seeing the problem. I even tried saving the working version of the rig by itself, importing it into a new scene and duplicating it there--same error.

The torso works though...is that using flexi-binding too? Puzzling.

Hmm...I just now tried re-binding the layers but that didnt' help either.
I was wrong. It's not selective flexi-binding, it's just layer binding. Selective flexi-binding and point-binding still work right.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Ah, okay. Looking back, I don't think I properly unbound the bones before doing selective flexi-binding.

At work I typically use Selective Flexi-binding for almost everything, which is probably why I'm not seeing it here.