What is going on at Smith Micro?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ernesttx

What is going on at Smith Micro?

Post by ernesttx »

First of all, I wasn't going to say anything about the non-existent "Early Adopter Sale"; but, after receiving the Free Download email, I have to wonder who is running the show over at Smith Micro? Does anyone proof read the emails that are sent out? Does anyone know that the information given out is confusing and makes Smith Micro look like they have no clue as to handle customer service??

Here is the email:
Thank you for being an early adopter of Moho Pro 12. If you did not receive it in your initial order we would like to offer you our new Video Tutorial and Content Pack valued at $100, absolutely free.

Please have your serial number ready and contact https://support.smithmicro.com by creating an account and you will be sent the files for no charge if claimed before 23rd of August.

So, after admitting that there won't be and "Early Adopter Sale", in the email, I'm called "an early adopter". I could overlook that. But, when I go to the URL link and have my serial number ready, what do I see? Nothing! Nowhere to enter my serial number and no instructions on what needs to be done. I (as a paying customer) have no clue what to do. Another thing is, when I log in, I'm not logging into "My Account" like many other professional websites that treat me as a paying customer. I'm just logged into the Support page. YEAH! Now what? Do I open a support case? Wasn't Smith Micro aware that I would click on the email URL and expecting to enter my serial number and then be presented with a download link, like other professional websites do? So, maybe, I'll hear something back from Support after I submitted an email to them from their page asking what do I do and where to enter my serial number? Who knows? Maybe in a few days? I hope it's not longer than August 23rd.

For Christ's sake, Smith Micro, it's like your being run by slackers residing in their Mom's garage. Get your act together.
synthsin75

Re: What is going on at Smith Micro?

Post by synthsin75 »

ernesttx wrote:Please have your serial number ready and contact https://support.smithmicro.com by creating an account and you will be sent the files for no charge if claimed before 23rd of August.
If you hit "Email Us" under "Contact Us", it will ask you to create an account, and then you can provide your serial number.
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

I already have an account. That's what I used to login into the website https://support.smithmicro.com . I log in and it's just the support page. I click on "Email Us" under Contact Us" and I get an email form. No place to put my serial number. Just a place to type an email. Am I suppose to just place my serial number in an email and send it? Wouldn't Smith Micro have my serial number already? Since I bought their product and they sent me an email with the serial number in it???

If Smith Micro is offering up this "oops our bad" gift, then, why is all the trouble on my part to try and get this? Why not supply a download link and then have me enter my valid serial number and start downloading?

If I have to email them to then let them know, why doesn't the email just state "Please email us your serial number and we will...."? They should have me on record as just purchasing Moho 12 on Monday night, wouldn't they then just send me the download link??
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

HI, Ernest
The team is working very hard fixing some last minutes issues. If you still have problems with support, please write me to vparedes@smithmicro.com and I will personally take care of your issue.
I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

- Víctor
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

Thanks, Victor. It's not inconvenience, it's just confusing. I've sent 2 emails via the support page and 1 had my serial number in it. Now, I just wait.

Other websites, I'm able to login and start downloading via a link. And on the support page I log into, there is no account information about the Smith Micro products I've purchased. It would be nice to see "my account" information, the products I have registered, maybe my name (??) and any other information that is particular to my account. I just see a "My Profile" button that only shows cases I've sent to support.

Not addressing this at you or any of the dev team, but, sometimes big companies don't know how to do customer service correctly. I've worked in customer service tech related jobs for 25 years, I've seen worse. This should be address by the Support Manager and not you, Victor. You're a Product Manager and this has nothing to do with the product; which, I'm happily enjoying Moho 12. :D
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

OK, now it's getting ridiculous. Just got email from support:

Let me know the Order Number so I can add the products to your account.

I thought it was my serial number you needed???

At this point, I think I need to write directly to Smith Mico's Support Manager. Victor, who would that be?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Ernest, we are all working together here and I'm trying to help marketing and tech support teams. We are all working hard to react the best way possible to this new context.
I understand your frustration, but the sooner we can help you, the better it's for us.
Thanks for your comprehension.

- Víctor
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

Victor,

So, in order to get this free gift, I have to download from Content Paradise - http://www.contentparadise.com/signin.aspx?? I don't have an account there or do I use my Smith Micro login??

This is the most bizarre support I have received in recent memory. Not only was I given wrong information from support, I'm having to go to another website, possibly create an account for a website I don't necessarily want to create one for, to download something from a company I purchased software from.

I hope by discussing this (from a customer's point of view) bizarre process, that Smith Micro realizes that customers would like a less complicated way of communicating and interacting with the company they are purchasing software from and not want it to seem that they are being "given the run around" or handed off to a website or company they may not wish to give their information to.

What gives here SM?? Do you really want me as a customer or just my money? As a customer, I am highly disappointed in this process and it leaves a very, very bad impression about this company.
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

Victor, this post can be deleted. Thank you for your help.