Moho 12

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

funksmaname

Re: Moho 12

Post by funksmaname »

Regarding SVG import - I just tried it and have to say I'm pretty impressed... see below for comparison (This is quite a complex vector, and wasn't intended for animation)

djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

I can't see any difference at all.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Looks pretty good, I see some differences in the sharp corners in the hairs and sleeve. But the shapes are perfect.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

I agree, Lukas. All in all it looks like it works pretty well, but I also noticed the glitches in the hair on the top right and the sleeve on the right. Other parts of the hair were perfect however, so perhaps it's a matter of import settings? The glitches show up even before simplify was applied.
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

Oh not fair, some get to play with new toys. Take my money already Smith Micro, where's the early adpoter sale ? :D
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

I'm also happy that the colors are finally accurate. Or is there an illustrator -> moho (asp) method that actually brings in colors accurately right now?
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

Why release this update on a Tuesday? Some people only have weekends to work with software. If it's ready to be release, why not sell it now?
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

ernesttx wrote:Why release this update on a Tuesday? Some people only have weekends to work with software. If it's ready to be release, why not sell it now?
Probably as a sort of soft release aimed at the 12th as the wide release. Fewer people will buy it on a Tuesday, so they can get the kinks out of the purchasing system if they need to before they open the marketing flood gates.
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

I'm sure.

It's that I've been waiting so long and yearning for some program to implement this Smart Warp like Mike has done with animation capabilities and to know it's out their but having to wait to to get my hands on it. And when I say a long time, I mean I've had this idea for well over 5 to 8 years and tried every software to see if something can be done the way I wanted with existing tools; but, nothing ever came close. Closest was Fusion with Krododove plugin and it's warp functions, but it didn't have the ease of use factor to it. And for what I'm about to embark on for the film I'm going to make, Moho 12 has all the bases covered. Here is a taste of what I'm talking about - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23alEz86gYA

I'm obsessing over it. I have a free weekend with nothing to do and would love to run with this.
herbert123

Post by herbert123 »

[quote="funksmaname"]Regarding SVG import - I just tried it and have to say I'm pretty impressed... see below for comparison (This is quite a complex vector, and wasn't intended for animation)

That actually looks quite acceptable - I am not even looking for complex drawings, merely to get my inks imported right. Looking forward to the new release - it may be the first one I am truly going to like.

Does anyone know whether project management tools are improved?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

herbert123 wrote:Does anyone know whether project management tools are improved?
The library is vastly improved. Actions can be saved to the library and shared among standardized rigs. You can search by project comments, tags, version (although I don't think any real version control system is in place). You can add custom locations to the library. You can hide factory library content.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, they've made quite a few big improvements for project management.

For example, Moho can now use relative paths for projects so you can easily move entire jobs to different servers, hard drive, mobile computers, etc., and Moho will still be able to find all your content. In the past, ASP's use of absolute paths was a big problem for me because I like to work on projects at home on a network and away on mobile devices, and it wasn't always practical or possible to maintain the exact same path structures. Now I can just sync the individual project folders from my home network to my tablet and everything still works even when the drive letters and path structures to the projects are completely different. Obviously this is really important in a larger studio environment too.

Everything can now be tagged for easy filtering and searching, and the Library has been completely redesigned to manage more types of data. This means you can search with tags for projects, layers, artwork, rigs, audio, styles, actions, etc. You can sort and filter data and assets by many other file properties too. I haven't explored this throughout the program yet but this new system is pretty awesome in the redesigned Layers Window. Filtering makes managing large and complex scenes easier than in past releases--it's much more efficient than endlessly drilling down a deep hierarchy of groups and layers in the Layers Window.

One of the biggest improvements for me is the new Moho Exporter (Formerly called the Batch Render window.) Getting to deeply nested destination folders is significantly easier now, and the destination paths are remembered reliably between renders. Even better, the Exporter saves a list of destinations so you can can quickly switch destinations between many different scenes and productions. You can even save your own defaults for options like Overwrite Existing Files too. (Thank goodness!)

To make the above improvements possible, the developers created a completely new internal structure for managing project data. Now that this ground work is done, you can expect even more improvements to come soon.
Oddernod

Post by Oddernod »

Oh man, relative pathing sounds like a throwaway feature but it's going to be HUGE for distributed workflows as well as mixed-use studio environments.
herbert123

Post by herbert123 »

Sounds great, guys. Really, the vector import quality and project management tools were the last two things that kept me from using Moho (anime studio) in my work (except for the odd thing or two). This sounds like I am going to be able to use it a LOT more.
LauraEss

Post by LauraEss »

When's the release due?
-- Laura Ess