Moho 12

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

Re: Moho 12

Post by synthsin75 »

Reindeer wrote:The new features look amazing, can't wait.
And if "Edit Multiple Layers in the Timeline" means one can move the position of 'deep' Keyframes just by working on the top layer, I'm buying a bottle of champagne :D
Cheers!
That's exactly what it means! On top of that, you can now select layers to ALWAYS show in the timeline, regardless of whether they are selected or not!!
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

synthsin75 wrote: That's exactly what it means! On top of that, you can now select layers to ALWAYS show in the timeline, regardless of whether they are selected or not!!
That's great news. Really looking forward to it!
djwaterman

Post by djwaterman »

As much as I liked the simplicity of the vector controls in Anime Studio, the idea of having bezier handles is very exciting, because that means you can have absolute control of the curves. I wonder if they will have both the old system and bezier curves, or if bezier curves will replace the old way.
The new sample animations in the promo are amazing and will go a long way in convincing outsiders that Moho is a serious production tool.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

djwaterman wrote:I wonder if they will have both the old system and bezier curves, or if bezier curves will replace the old way.
There's both, and it's still really easy to work with!
mykylr

Post by mykylr »

So how much cash do I need to put aside to upgrade? :?:
exile

Post by exile »

mykylr wrote:So how much cash do I need to put aside to upgrade? :?:
I think a lot of people are interested in that - usually there is a special offer right after the software comes out, followed by another opportunity several months later. Smith Micro has done a good job of getting us drooling for this update, releasing little bits of info at a time. I hope they'll remember that along with quality their reasonable price is one of the reasons for their success in a highly competitive market.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Víctor Paredes wrote:
Fuzatron wrote:Wonder if the ".anime" extension be changing too?
Yes, it will. And Moho 12 can read any AS file too.
In case anybody is wondering, you can go backwards to 9, 10 or 11 too. Naturally, any features that are specific to 12 will be dropped when exporting to earlier versions.

I had to use this feature this recently and it worked well. We're still using ASP 11 for production but I was asked to do a compatibility test, so I imported a fairly complex ASP 11 rig into Moho 12. The rig imported successfully and I played around with it there for a bit. After I made a few fun poses I thought, 'Hmm...I can use these poses in the original 11 rig.' So I exported the scene in ASP 11 format, copied and pasted the keys into an Action in ASP 11, and it was all good!

I think the only 'glitch' was that I had to manually change the extension back to .anime--pretty minor really.
herbert123

Post by herbert123 »

As long as the new version is able to import external vector art (svg, eps, ai) without issues (even merely ink outlines), and the original bezier points and handles are kept intact, I will be a very happy camper. The rest is icing on the cake.

I just want good vector import.

And improved scene management tools would be nice too.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I got to meet Victor last week and asked him that question. I was asking about Adobe Illustrator art in Moho 12 and he said the Bezier translation should be reasonably accurate. I haven't checked this personally yet but I'll take a look at it today.

Otherwise, the bezier handles and paths behave much like in Illustrator. The new Freehand tool even draws optimized bezier paths, and you can control the level of optimization you want before you draw so there's less need to use the Simplify tool after drawing. There are still a few 'gotchas' to be aware of but Freehand is definitely much better for drawing than it was in ASP 11.

We only recently started using Moho 12 at my workplace, but I've been using the new Freehand tool almost routinely now in my personal projects. I'll see if I can record and post a personal sketch video and maybe an FBF video after I get home tonight.
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

mykylr wrote:So how much cash do I need to put aside to upgrade? :?:
I look at my old bank account and I'm hoping it will be the same as it was last year and it showed we paid $99 for the upgrade price. Pretty much what I have set aside for at this moment, and if its more, then I'm going to have to get desperate and sell my cat, much as I love her. Please don't make me sell my cat!
exile

Post by exile »

You're going to need your cat as a model quadruped.
Steve

http://www.youtube.com/user/toonlyrics
Music Website: http://www.singadream.com
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

Just saw the facebook video from Santa Cruz...I want smart warp now. Will there be an early bird sale before Aug 9? I have lots of time this weekend to play oh please oh please. This is what I've been waiting for in order to start my film.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

They just posted this presentation on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8tGqkWW5YQ
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

The new smart mesh feature is looking very nice! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu-9dKlWxBU

And more new features: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo1dpOpb1kc
JaMike

Post by JaMike »

Oh that is looking just amazing!

I too am keen to know the price. If it's low enough I won't even wait for the webinar. :)