Moho 12

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ernesttx

Re: Moho 12

Post by ernesttx »

Victor, where can we find more information, other than what's listed on moho.smithmicro.com? We want to know more :)

Also, will you have to change your avatar? hehe
Psmith

Post by Psmith »

I would also upgrade - just for returning to the name Moho - which helped to describe the quirkiness of its inventor - and his unconventional approach to the making of animation.

Greg Smith
hany rabi3

Post by hany rabi3 »

why we spent a lot of time in discussiing the (name),the most important for me are new features .i can not wait
:roll:
aongus

Post by aongus »

Better freehand drawing, bezier handles and a warp facility were at the top of my personal wishlist. Really excited about this release!
Oddernod

Post by Oddernod »

Took a look at it today at the SIGGRAPH booth — solid looking update. Freehand tool seems to be much faster but more importantly, a lot cleaner and more efficient with its use of points. Having experienced some slowdown in 11s Freehand tool this looks like my killer feature.

Another big one looked to be Smart Warp — I'm coming to ASP, err MOHO, having rigged a lot of After Effects characters and struggling with the Puppet Tool. SW looks like a much more robust Puppet Pin 2.0 — with the ability to key frame all points of the mesh.

Another tiny thing that will help a lot is the ability to separate dimensions of Transforms in the Motion Graph. Doing a ball bounce becomes a lot easier when you can set 2 keys for X and however many you need for the Y.

I barely dove into it, but that's what struck me on the first look. oh, and the interface looks a lot cleaner and more professional, and you can go even darker on the UI with a brightness slider.
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

"...SW looks like a much more robust Puppet Pin 2.0 — with the ability to key frame all points of the mesh. " YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Thank you Oddernod, you just made me smile.

Anyway to take a picture???? Please Smith Micro let him take a picture :lol: Or show a preview of it.
jayfaker

Post by jayfaker »

Oh hey oddernod, I didn't know you were on here. Thanks for the preview. Pretty excited about some of this stuff.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

OH MY GOD!

I am... thrilled? Surprised? At the name change. I think it's smart based on the "baggage" that comes with the term "Anime". It does make people confused... those who have never used it. I mentioned "Manga Studio" to someone who is very very familiar with Anime studio... their first question? "Manga studio is only for creating mangas then?". No confusion about Anime Studio because she used it and knows it.

----

Been away from the forum way way WAY too long. I am using 10 or 11 I think? But it's a beta. Still doing fun stuff but haven't been living in the Anime Studio world like a Star Wars cosplayer fan like I use to. :)

latest animation...
Oddernod

Post by Oddernod »

Got to see just a little bit more of Smart Warps which broke my brain a bit. You can essential model as much or as little of the mesh as you want, and then let Moho tessellate the rest for you. So if you've done any 3D modeling, you can essentially create a face mesh for a painted character that mimics musculature and animate it — almost like working in reverse of 3D.

AND, you can animate points, clusters of points, or bind the control mesh verts to bones for animation.

Very exciting. Also, sounds like a price increase to $399?
ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

Thanks Oddernod....SOLD!!!! hehe I've been waiting for someone to implement this type of warp and thank goodness Mike or whoever has done this. I have big plans for this tool. Can't wait.
onurdemirsoy

Post by onurdemirsoy »

ernesttx

Post by ernesttx »

I just saw the Twitter feed for Smart Warp and oh man, can I has this now?!!!
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

What's it going to cost???
I use a MacBook Pro, and Anime Studio Pro 11.2
http://uncle808s.blogspot.com
Oddernod

Post by Oddernod »

I was told standard pricing was going to be $399 — but there will be upgrade pricing as well.
Oddernod

Post by Oddernod »

One feature that's still a mystery to me that I didn't get answered at SIGGRAPH was Pin Bones — anyone have an educated guess on what this might be?